Built Rite late 50s/early 60s

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Shan, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Shan

Shan New Member

My father has an early 60s Built Rite boat in prestige condition. Last of its kind. All mahogany, original 90horse. Inverted type hill. I saw a couple posts here about the boat - back in 05 and 09. Anyone know anything about these boats? Nothing like this boat-it’s gorgeous.

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Welcome to the Forum Shan.

Do you have any photos of your father's boat which you could post on here please?

3. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

Aye!

4. MikeyBiker

MikeyBiker Older~Junior Member

I know a little... I worked there in my youth. Started sweeping the floors, graduated to preliminary sanding on the sail hulls and sleds. Later even some seaworthy trials off the Santa Monica Pier.
    Please, if you have images, post them!
    My photography hobby came later in life and I have just one very poor example.

Attached Files:

bajansailor likes this.

5. MikeyBiker

MikeyBiker Older~Junior Member

I know a little... I worked there in my youth. Started sweeping the floors, graduated to preliminary sanding on the sail hulls and sleds. Later even some seaworthy trials off the Santa Monica Pier.
    Please, if you have images, post them!
    My photography hobby came later in life and I have just one very poor example.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.