Tiny power boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Rangerspeedboat, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Lt. Holden

Lt. Holden Senior Member

Well for one thing, that chine log with the big knot in it will probably have to go, you need (mostly) clear lumber for that piece, I would remove it and go with a full length piece; use a "Spanish Windlass" (Rope with a winding stick) to fair it to the stem and then transfer the bevel to it and cut, glue, fasten and clamp it.

2. Rangerspeedboat

Rangerspeedboat Senior Member

Ok, I see what you want me to do. I would much rather use those pieces, I Dadoed the end of the chine so I could tie onto them. Is there any way to do this. Possibly laminate thin pieces of wood together?

3. Rangerspeedboat

Rangerspeedboat Senior Member

More pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used brass plated screws on the bottom and galvinized steel ones on the side, I ran out of brass plated ones, and they were too short.

I havent work on it in about a week, I just need to get that other side on. then the transom. Then fibreglass.

4. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

here are some pictures of a similar project ...no frame ,,no screws ..just ply cable ties and fibre glass

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.