Glen l 16ft cabin cruiser?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Paul D, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Paul D

Paul D Junior Member

Hello has anyone got any thoughts or opinions on how this glen l 16ft cabin cruiser design would handle sea fishing couple kms offshore ...stability in swells...punching through waves etc etc...just the pros and cons would be much appreciated....thanks.
    bermuda_cabin_skiff.jpg

2. ben2go

ben2go Boat Builder Wanna Be

I would ask these questions on the Glenn L board. It wouldn't be to bad at sea but anyone in the rear will catch spray when running in a chop. I'd like a little more freeboard and self-bailing cockpit for anything in the open sea.

3. Paul D

Paul D Junior Member

Thanks Ben...yea I've inquired about it on their site no response yet....I've got other designs I'm thinking about now there's a lot to chose from...cheers mate

4. ben2go

You're welcome.

5. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

Paul,

You are in luck asking for information on the Glen L Cabin Skiff. Ray Macke built a slightly extended Cabin Skiff and cruised it extensively over many thousands of miles a few years ago. He produced a very detailed website describing both the build and his cruises with it. We corresponded several times while he was building his boat and I think it is a great choice for a minimal cruiser that has good performance.
    My Cabin Skiff http://dev.egyptian.net/raymacke/index.html

ben2go likes this.

6. ben2go

I remember following his blog build. He did an excellent job on her fit and finish.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.