Tilt pump valve

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Shvenn, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Shvenn

Shvenn New Member

While trouble shooting my outdrive not going down I had a bonehead moment. I had pulled the 7/8” plugs on either side of the lower pump body, had ‘collected’ both springs and plugs and set them aside. I came back to the effort, forgetting I had removed these components, and tried the up down button perhaps hoping magic had occurred while I was away ... it had not. So, I discovered a cone shaped piece had come out on one side of the pump but have not found the same for the other side. I’ve put it all back together, presumably minus one cone shaped piece on the other side and have determined the actual problem is with the solenoids (jumped the control system with a wire from the battery).

So, am I correct, I’m missing one cone shaped valve insert? The out drive does go up and down now without said part.

I have not been able to find a schematic that shows this level of detail.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What brand, model and year?

3. Shvenn

Shvenn New Member

2006 mercruiser 4.3l with a an Alpha one outdrive in a 21’ Trophy.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

That should be a Gen II drive, correct?

5. Shvenn

Shvenn New Member

I believe so.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.