Tid Bits Of Info On The North American Continent

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by viking north, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Viking,

"There are THREE sides to every story: Yours, mine and the truth..."

(Sorry about the capitals, I couldn't figure out how to italicize.)

Have a good weekend.

-Tom

2. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Or as the old folks say "somewhere in between" ditto on the weekend- am building am big big car port shelter on the side of my shop to house the build over the winter. Don't want to tie up the main shop, never know when income opportunities are going to arise --- Geo.

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I've combed through what's available on the internet pretty thoroughly, and it looks to me like you're exaggerating wildly. Most sources put the number of deaths at a little over 3,000, and a few go as low as 1200 -- including about 600 guerrillas. As bloody regimes go, that makes Pinochet a piker compared to rulers like Saddam Hussein, whose victims were counted in the hundreds of thousands.

He's also unusual for the fact that he eventually held an election, and left office peaceably when he lost it.

And I repeat: it wasn't a "North American nazist regime." It was a Chilean regime. Pinochet was born and raised in Chile, and so were the people who killed and tortured at his behest.

None of that excuses anything, of course. But it's time you admit to yourself that a sizable number of people in Chile (and especially its military) were perfectly willing to overthrow its legitimate government, then torture and kill their fellow Chileans. Otherwise the Americans wouldn't have had anyone to support, would they?;)

--It's also a fact that Pinochet had a sizable number of supporters in Chile even after leaving office, right up to the day he died.

4. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

We have all noticed that everything is "exagerated" in your view when you do not agree with things others say.

All I can tell you is that not everything is found on the internet. Some people do not see the need to post their information on the internet. Last time I was checking internet was still just a network designed by an english guy for, funnily enough, usanian Defence force. Probably to spy on the world, as they always do, by letting them post their thoughts and information on a supposedly "free" internet.

The fact that Pinochet had a "sizable" number of supporters when he died does not change the facts. He was a ruthless dictator.

You also couldn't find on internet, after having combed through what's available on the internet pretty thoroughly, that Pinochet was pressed hard by his own foreign supporters and friends ( Margaret Tacher and kissinger, notably) to retire and organise the free election ONLY after they were sure that the Chilean left was safely removed from Chilean political scene.( And the murder of Orlando Letelier in the heart of washington dc. )

Much the same as they did in Colombia.

But I bet you will combe thoroughly the net and find nothing to support my claim, hence I'll be find to again exaggerate grossly.

Not that you would have a clue what you are talking about since you have never been in Colombia or Chile, let alone had to live under our dictatorships installed by nazist usanian regime.

There's a huge difference between the "official" and "actual" numbers. In any event your 911 pales in comparison, yet you usanians are crying crocodile tears and calling it the event that "changed" the world...

The only change I see is more of blatant nazism by the usanian nazist dictatorship, more wars, more dead, more lies. Afghanistan is no more democratic than it was under usa-induced Taliban terror, Iraq is definitely more dangerous that it has ever been under Saddam, Jugoslavia has been carved up to your heart's content, and you keep destroying what's even now, and arab countries in North Africa are sliding deeper into the absolute chaos.

The boss in Tripoli's Liberation Council is some guy who was locked up in Guantanamo concentration camp, courtesy of usa not Castro, and then ended up in Libya, fighting for usa and NATO!!!!!!! Guantanamo to me looks more of a training camp. Apparently Osama's driver was in Guantanamo too and is now in Libya, holding a high position in the new "government" too...

Here's a thought: the only reason why the usa and nato are not invading Siria is because Iran, the nuclear force it has, is keeping the "heroic freedom" fighters" of the "first country" away.

See if you can anything on the net to resolve that I am exaggerating again.

Or, if you are really keen to find the truth why not visit the Comision Nacional de Verdad in Chile for some insight? Raw information, instead of brainwash that internet seems to be offering.

Just in August 9 800 more bodies have been confirmed, and mass graves are being found all over the country regularly.

www.elpais.com/articulo/internacion...en/Pinochet/elpepuint/20110819elpepuint_4/Tes

(this IS on internet, so it loks to me that you have been both sloppy and not really interested to find the facts)

5. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

The Chileanian viewpoint is so different that it sounds crazy to us in the united states from our point of view.

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Their heads spin opposite to ours. The Equator and all that. :D

7. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Yes and somewhere in between these opposing viewpoints lies the truth--as i said in my prev. post there's enough guilt to spread around especially when it involves sly-lying power hungry manulipating politicans (the true definition of such)-over zealous generals looking for promotions to boost their power and retirement pensions (more greed)--buisness men looking to make money(war is the ultimate profit maker)and the losers-citizens and the basic grunt of a front line soldier who by the way are usually minorities and lower income citizens of the countries involved .

8. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

I can understand that. What is annoying is that arrogance from the usanian side in their misguided belief that their version of everything that goes on in the world is the correct one.

Troy's example of numbers of people murdered in Chile is nice example of that. He, who has never ben in Chile comes out and decides that Masrapido, who is by the way and not that that matters to Troy, native Chilean born there and had the "privilege" to live and experience the dictatorship.

As per the link, found on internet just to demonstrate that there IS information around on the net too, it is perfectly clear to anyone who can read that the numbers are way above the "official" numbers.

So, instead of trying to be smart and talk about things one has little or no knowledge, other than "official" brainwash beate into one's skull and crap from internet, one should be a little less rigid and a little more flexible.

Of course pinochet, may he burn in hell merrily, is a Chilean. The fact is that if it weren't for usanian nazists, he would never have won. usanians armed him and financed him. They gave him every help needed, instructed him how to kill other generals who were not interested in his proposition and/or were on Allende's side.

Noriega is Panamanian, yet he was eating from kissinger's hand. And still managed to end in prison in the usa. And now in France. Or Stroessner, or Videla, or Saddam, or whats' his name in Afghanistan.

The fact is: they are all traitors bitches who have sold their own countries to usanian nazist dictatorship for a handful of dollars. pinochet only managed to steal about 30 millions of us dollars during his tenure.

Gonzalo Sanchez, bolivian president (another usanian bum licker) managed to steal 20 millions in one day. The day he hastily left the country before the people tidal wave asking questions and not getting any answers.

And, while I am in Bolivia, how does one explain cia's illegal and underground activities in that country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Bolivia

"democracy" at work? Hardly. Pure nazist imperialism. Whether one likes it or not. Only the truth hurts.

I have no problems recognising pinochet and his cronnies as nazists and traitors. Why do usanians have that problem. (this is a statement, not a question.)

9. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

There's a lot of truth in that too. Not an easy task to live suspended, feets up, 24/7... The blood gets into your head...

A bit of unrelated trivia: the water in the toilet does not flush in the opposite direction to that of the flush on the northern side of the globe.

10. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Well doesn't look like there's going to be much more useful discussion here-- too much vinigar not any honey so I think I as OP will sign off as the thread seems to have drifted off it's intended topic and I have failed to re direct it. Thanks all -Geo.

11. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

To bad none of those Left coasters chimed in with Russian tidbits of the North American continent.

12. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Good effort Viking. Smart man.

-Tom

13. Dave Gudeman

Dave Gudeman Senior Member

Do you have any idea how ridiculous it sounds for you to suggest that the Americans in this thread have been any more arrogant than you and Frosty have been? I suppose you and Frosty don't believe that your versions of everything that goes on in the world is the correct on.

14. Dave Gudeman

Dave Gudeman Senior Member

Less rigid and more flexible like you, for example?

He won because Chile armed him and financed him. He was a freaking general in the Chilean army. What did the US for? After he had control of the country, the US helped him, but before that, all he needed was the Chilean military, which supported him because they, like him, considered the country to be in a constitutional crises with a president trying to become a dictator.

Yeah, because being an innocent babe, he could never have figured that out on his own. On the other hand, Russia had an actual school where they taught revolutionaries to murder all political leaders and all people of influence who were not part of the party. Students of that school killed tens of millions of people around the world in communist revolutions. You are just blaming the US for Russia's crimes.
    Now you are blaming the US for Germany's crimes. I guess it goes to America's great credit that people who hate us have to invent imaginary crimes that we committed and attribute the crimes of other nations to us.

At the time that Pinochet took over in Chile, the Russian empire was aggressively expanding all over the world. Tens of millions of people were murdered at their hands and the hands of other Communist governments. Hundreds of millions were robbed and enslaved.

By contrast, Pinochet, America, and others who fought against Communism killed a few hundred thousand --almost all of whom were either casualties in a shooting war or were on the side of the Communists, while the vast majority of those that the Communists killed were just civilians going about their normal lives.

So save your pretentious and dishonest moralizing about how many people were killed by Pinochet. You don't give a rat's *** about mass murder. If you did, you would be ranting about Stalin or Mao or Castro --all of whom murdered far more people than even you accuse Pinochet of killing.

1 person likes this.

15. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

No. What 'we' have noticed is that you go into a foaming-mouthed frenzy anytime someone doesn't agree with your version of reality.

It doesn't matter that you're a Chilean and I'm not. What matters is that I believe the Chileans who over the years have seriously tried to count the casualties, instead of believing you and the numbers you're pulling straight out of your arse.

Your blind hatred of anyone and anything American, along with your irrational refusal to admit that Chileans may be a teensy weensy bit responsible for their own actions in their own country, leaves you with no credibility whatsoever.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.