Thrust power

Discussion in 'Props' started by Noel McGettigan, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Dbottles

Dbottles New Member

Well I am both happy to see I solved to the same value shown above after I turned this in and sad to see I could have found some help on the way.

I found The Propeller Book by David Gerr very helpful for section 5 of the lesson. I wonder what others thought about the given froude number that appears wrong for the rest of the data in an early part of the task.

2. Robert McFadden

Robert McFadden Junior Member

I noticed that too. When I tried to work out the frode value that was given I got something completely different. I submitted the module last week.. are you still doing the course??

3. Dbottles

Dbottles New Member

Yes I am still doing the Yachts and Small Craft course. I submitted Unit 3 about three weeks ago - checking my email often to see how it went. I solved for both the given value and the froude I calculated and provided both answers.

4. Robert McFadden

Cool. I am doing the commercial course... I am doing the same checking my emails regularly... do you mind me asking when did you start the course??

I am finding the module 4 slow going. Difficult to come to terms with what's been asked for...

5. Dbottles

Dbottles New Member

Shoot me a note to my personal email derek@derekbottles.com to take some of this off line. I spent way too long on Unit 3 and on all the questions I think I struggle with the vast difference between American and British English! I decided after Unit 2 to not package the answer to the Task and the minimum criteria in the same answer if they do not fit together well. In some cases I treated something like Minimum Criteria 5.x as its own standalone task. In Unit 4, Report Writing, I do not really understand what Task 4a is asking for, the rest of it has gone OK and much faster than reading SOLAS & MCA codes! All and all I am happy with what I am learning.

6. Robert McFadden

7. Robert McFadden

Hi Derek, just tried sending you an email, but it failed for some reason. If you want send me a message a rob3rt@live.ie

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.