Thread Ratings Sabotage

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Doug Lord, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Three threads with a fair number of views have recently had their "ratings" downgraded from four or five to three. I am very convinced that one or two individuals with a bone to pick with me personally have deliberately lowered the ratings arbitrarily.
    1) Moth on Foils under "Sailboats".
    2) Hydroptere-the fastest sailboat on the planet under "Multihulls"
    3) 60' +or- 20' monofoiler thread under "Sailboats"

These all happened fairly close together in the last few weeks. I wonder, would it be better to tie the ratings "stars" into Views somehow-maybe weighed against(in some way) positive or negative comments? Some method that would prevent a couple of individuals with a vendetta from being able to
    deliberately sabotage the system? Any ideas?

1 person likes this.
  2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

If you hover over the stars with your mouse (in the thread list), it shows the number of people who have actually cast a rating for a given thread. This feature has been around since the beginning, but the reality is that not many members use the "Rate this Thread" dropdown at all right now, and so only one or two votes can drastically change a thread's star rating. Only a few threads actually have a star rating at all.

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Thanks Jeff. I guess it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble to mess with it?

< Back...?? | Stalker 2 / Outrageous Behavior >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.