Thoughts on marine exhaust manifolds

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by TollyWally, Apr 17, 2008.

1. TollyWally

TollyWally Senior Member

I have a Volvo marinized BBC 7.4 freshwater cooled motor. While the Volvo engineering is quite decent the Swedes are just too damn proud of thier spare parts. It is time to replace my risers and I would like to swap out the whole system, manifolds, risers etc.

I am leaning towards Crusader parts but am interested in others opinions regarding these and the other various aftermarket suppliers, Barr, Osco, Sierra, etc. I am interested in a simple robust design, easy to service with relatively inexpensive consumables. If I could get a place to install an o2 sensor for carb calibration I would be quite pleased. :)

2. pila

pila Junior Member

I just replaced the entire system on my boat (inboard) with new manifolds from Performance Product Technologies ( ishopboating.com) The have the usual exhaust parts etc, but also have ceramic coated manifolds (inside and out) so I went with their manifolds.
    Their phone no. is 1-866-335-3396 if you want to find out more.

Regards PILA

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.