Thomas Coville on Sodebo departs on solo multihull round the world attempt

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Corley, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member

Thanks Corley for all the time and work you put in your threads. A stupid question your pseudo Corley has any relation with the town of Corlay (Brittany) well known for its horses? In French Corlay and Corley are pronounced exactly in the same way...

2. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

It's actually a nick name I picked up from one of my first employers who had trouble pronouncing my real name for some reason :). I'm not sure where he got it from but he was Irish so maybe someone in his family was a Corley, he was a good leader, kindhearted and a friend so I've kept using it in his memory.

3. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member

Corley,
    Thanks for your answer; it's a very nice story of remembering a good person. So it was just a coincidental homophone (in French, in English that will sound differently, but I'm pretty sure that with an Irish or Welsh accent it will sound very similar).
    Thanks again for all your work for giving us the last news of the French Flying Circus, the most advanced sailing boats of the world.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.