This is so embarasing.... I sunk my boat :(

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by SWG, Sep 29, 2006.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Poida mate, it's a good job you don't live in Cornwall - think of all the beer we'd have to drink to put the world to rights (weekly too) On second thoughts when you coming?

2. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Everyone knows it was the aliens that discovered earth. So by default, England, America, Oz and everywhere else. Just forgot to name them before they buggered off again.

Mychael

3. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

cant here you guys ,,,,,got my foil hat on again,,,longliner

4. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Unfortunately Mychael one of the aliens got left behind. I can imagine antenae sticking out of the top of his head. I think he's ET's deranged brother.

5. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Yonks sounds fairly accurate to me. The year 1421+ something. (check http://www.1421.tv/index.asp ). My brother came with this book a year ago, which kinda surprised me. The Chinese came out in the world, and they came STRONG (Well armed, big ships and lots of men).

However, maps etc like these..And the theory, historians will probably discuss this matter...:D

6. rayk

rayk Senior Member

I used a set of natural intergers and reran the calculations.
    I propose another trial at sea.

SG of seawater is greater than fresh water so firstly he must reduce weight.
    Grind or cut off excess plastic reinforcing from intenal/exterior of vessel(s)
    Peel off the barcode stickers from vessel(s)
    Remove clothing
    Cut fingernails, toenails, and shave all body hair
    Remove plaque from teeth
    Void bladder and bowels (this is easily performed just before undertaking sea
    trial)

Location should this time be at a deserted Pacific Ocean beach close to the mouth of a swift river. At night.
    Ideal weather is a tropical depression to follow a departing high pressure system.
    Conditions should be calm at the time of the launch.

Our subject should have sufficient time left to him at sea to reflect on naval architecture, and at the logical conclusion of this experiment, a diminished desire to mess about in boats.

I would predict the average IQ of the boat design community will rise as a consequence.:p

7. LAWFISH

LAWFISH Junior Member

You know it was a funny story, but I cant help but thinking that all these other guys on here from other countries are sitting at their computers thinking "STUPID AMERICANS". So please tell us from what part of the country so we can create some denial!!:D

Just kidding

LAWFISH

8. Poida

Poida Senior Member

What Lawfish Americans stupid, get outa here!!

9. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

hey poida,,,,,,,,at least we didnt give up our guns,,,,,,,might need em sometime,,,longliner

10. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Right there longliner, 'they' (our so called leaders) took em of us - cos they knew we would need em! and 'they' are right, we need to be protected against 'them' - still were not the only country with that problem! Just we can't do much about it (conversely it is fairly easy to get guns!! all our terrorists have them, and boy do we have some terrorists! better stop this before I get my wrist slapped)

11. l_boyle

l_boyle ol' can of sardines

Okay, I am trying not to laugh,
    You did the right thing by wearing a "Life Jacket".. Very smart indeed...
    You just experimented why Titantic sink in the first place...
    If I were you, I would go home and flip on a TV and at least try to forget this embarassment... Family members is gonna talk about you for the whole year, that be nice to be known, not forgotten...
    Give your family a hug, just for trying... And bless your heart, now I am gonna sit back and laugh my a$$ off... This is cute....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.