Retro Normal...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...
    Do not expect this lot to make any sense...
    I am tired of the use of 'Retro' as a styling muse...
    I prefer 'Normal' - if a design looks like a classic and useful ship - the prefix 'Retro' seems to become demeaning - as if excusing the reference to function and normality of form...
    But I know nothing really...:)
    Boats is boats...
    SH.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Geees Sean, with the "drivel2" thread falling into anonymous decline this is the stuff that could keep it alive... Perfect for you and Frosty to pass exchanges and we all used to know where to go (apart from "bugger off")... How are you keeping? work wise... I am trying to tease out of you a perception of the state of the economy as you see it at work and around the community in your vicinity/neighbourhood...

Best wishes -m...

3. Sean Herron

Good And Bad...

Hello...
    The man I work for is good at keeping his capital assets fluid - which is the only way to stay 'afloat'...
    Flexible and changing overhead costs...
    Keeps a core crew - and fair to those who have to be let go for a bit - so they are always willing and wanting to return to a fair boss...
    Just scored three builds - one new - a 41 - other are 'repos' - or takeovers - from less than honest folk - doing subcontracting in the yard - big ones too...
    Canada has been somewhat sheltered from the overall melt down - albeit our high dollar against the USD has killed that old market - but the yachties seem to have means of keeping their money in pillow cases...
    Enclosed is 'our' modifications - my graphics - for a new Camano 41 - with a pantographing door at the interior helm - for getting to the forward decks...
    How are you and yours...
    SH.

Attached Files:

4. masalai

masalai masalai

That looks sweet and traditional, and good to hear... I am progressing nicely with my build but market manipulation by the US FED is causing some grief as the AU$ has increased in relative value against the US$ some 30% and as a consequence the relative value of gold has remained static to depressed - depending on the time-span - I bought in March and would be down if I sold, in AU$ terms, some 18% because of gross manipulation on the COMEX by US govt & FED bankers... I just hope the global market kicks arse soon as I need some "spending cash"...

Globally, the economic situation is far from rosy... I am keen to look around the Melanesian Islands on the other side of the Coral Sea for some opportunities in retirement...

5. Sean Herron

Faps...

Hello...
    I decompress with a little but powerful Philippine at work on Fridays or any other day that the 'beer kitty' is full...
    He talks of becoming a slumlord with just 300,000 CDN and raking it in as a retirement income - great fun to go into details...
    God - I could sell out now for more than that - trouble is - how does a white CDN invest in same without having their Gov't take it all over...:)
    Things will turn about - hell - I remember road signs in Ontario posted by 'West Runners' - like myself in the 80's - they read - TURN OUT THE LIGHTS - or - I THINK I LEFT THE IRON PLUGGED IN - **** IT...:)
    Optimism and stupidity are the big buttons of Democracy - ignorance and lack of public funding for education - or same reversed - leads to crazy household debt loads that get repacked by the banks and offered up as other - however - every time it happens - the 'common' get wise - at least until they can afford a new lawn mower - or get another 0% credit loan on a **** car...:)
    It is strange - you look and hope for evolution - but it never comes - greed is like peanut butter - cheap and tasty - and easy to spread...
    SH.

1 person likes this.
  6. masalai

masalai masalai

Set it up as a "benevolent trust" and that you are 'doing a service for those likely to be in need', leave the running in the hands of an agent and ensure they are mortally scared of cheating on you "because you seem dangerously unstable" - - fear works sometimes when played down...

7. Sean Herron

Get A Helmet

Hello...
    Boats are hard - I am thinking of getting myself a Costco shopping cart - zip cutting the front end on two sides - bend the lot down - sleeping room for one - feet hanging out - much like my own boat thoughts...:)
    I think I have had enough - I want out - modern society is killing me - augh...
    It took them awhile - but they have beaten me - I have no fight left - nothing...
    This makes me very dangerous...
    I am pissing into the wind - and into many shoes...
    SH

8. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Why not up root to the Philippines, I'm sure your 'beefy' Filipino could recommend where to go.

9. Sean Herron

Yes...

Hello...
    But he might just hate me - and set me up in a gun fight at the aeroport - or airport...:)
    I think Ph - is the F - but I am just an ignorant white trash M/F...
    SH.

10. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Not unless he hates you already.
    Filipino's are wonderful poeple, warm, friendly, never argumentative.

They have excellent beaches and great weather their too. I can think of many places i would rather NOT be.....

11. Sean Herron

Sounds Like You Got The Goods...

Hello...
    Sounds like you got the goods - I wish I had a PA or other - to direct you toward...
    SH.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.