Thinking about what to bulid next

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by cthippo, Feb 14, 2011.

1. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

I ordered the skin for my kayak the other day and so with that project coming dangerously close to being finished, I need to start planning for the next one!

Once the Re-YAK-tion comes off the saw horses I'm going to be restoring the brightwork on mom's rowboat, but then I need to figure out what to build after that. Originally I was going to build an 18' cedar strip sea kayak, but then I realized that For the kinds of paddling I really love to do, my current 'yak is pretty much prefect.

I'd like to build a wave ski for kayak surfing, but I'm not sure if I would use it enough to justify it. It's a long ways to any real waves. Haven't seen many plans for wave skis, either. Actually, I just haven't seen many PERIOD, plans or in person.

On the other hand, I could also build a skiff or dory for taking people who don't kayak to some of these places I've paddled to. So many possibilities...

2. JLIMA

JLIMA crazed throttleman

For simple pleasure, I really like my little 10' skiff, rows well, dry, doesn't have much room for company but a few more feet and could take a couple with you for a row.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.