Small Steering Wheels

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by fede, Jan 6, 2008.

1. fede

fede Senior Member

High I'm struggling trying to find small 11" (280 mm) diameter steering wheels.
    It has to be a sporty looking wheel like those made by Uflex,problem is the Uflex V45 looks way too cheap.I was looking for something more intriguing and fancy.
    Thanks for any possible help !

2. Quietboats

Quietboats Junior Member

Just wondering...Why so small? We've used a 10" brass wheel on some of our our electric boats and I found it exrtremely small but managable because of the boats slow speed. We had a very cramped cockpit which necessitated the small size. On a faster boat, I would certainly try to use at least a 13" wheel--then your options become almost endless.

3. fede

fede Senior Member

Hi Tom, it has to go on a 3.4 mt tender and I have seen Avon using some beautiful 11" wheels I can't remember the brand...
    a 13 wheel on such a small rib would be too much.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.