The unknown 1955 Lonestar inboard

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Eagle127, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Eagle127

Eagle127 M.D. Logan

Hello gentlemen:
    You know it's been quite awhile since you last accessed the site, when it greets you with welcome, 190840 unread posts.
    So a lot of you don't know me or anything about me. So here was my post from 3 yrs ago, http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/powerboats/my-1958-feathercraft-23065.html
    Since then there have been a lot of Feather Crafts I have repaired for others.
    Well last month I bought a boat sight unseen 1200 miles away. It's a 1955 Lone Star inboard something. I Just got it home last weekend. Wow what a ship. It has some issues. The drive train is the Crosley Aerojet 4 cylinder. Every thing is there except the rudder. Problem is the rudder is what the Propeller shaft mounts into. So I'm looking for an AeroJet rudder.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. FMS

FMS Senior Member

Fascinating boat. This looks like the Star Jet 26, "A fireball of action 14-foot sport model; double cockpit. 26 hp Aerojet engine for speeds to 36. Perfect for water-skiing, crusing, or racing. Very stable and safe"
    http://www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/b/b3/Lonestarb55002.jpg

The fiberglassics site contains a wealth of brochures and info on small classic boats.

I'm not sure you will find the schematics for the Star Jet.

You may have to fabricate or purchase a standard strut and rudder that will fit and do the job.

1 person likes this.
  3. Eagle127

Eagle127 M.D. Logan

In fact it is a Jet Star 26. The Fiberglassiscs site is grand, but did not identify this boat. The boat and rudder have been identified and offered in a reproduction.

4. FMS

FMS Senior Member

Great news. Good to hear.
    Do you have any idea how many of these were built?

5. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

The rudder could have a socket where the end of the prop shaft fits into like a swival joint thats maybe why it is all missing !! :confused:

6. Eagle127

Eagle127 M.D. Logan

I have the Rudder thanks to Karma and Craigslist ! It is a complex thing of beauty !

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.