Stolen Signature

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by jehardiman, Jun 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

It seems some one has taken my signature. The lost signature is as follows...
    The theft occurred on or about June 26, 2020. The proper authorities have been notified. I am very concerned that the person who took it does not know how to use it and may injure himself, or more importantly, others.
    A signature is a very personal thing, and has been with me this last decade and more. This is the same as stealing someone's design or splashing a hull. It is theft of intellectual property by someone who lacked the wit to come up with something on their own. I feel like Cyrano...

If found, please contact the proper authorities.

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Now removed from the other user's signature.

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Grand larceny !

4. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

To the Boat Design Net Moderator, Thank you.

5. A II

A II no senior member → youtu.be/oNjQXmoxiQ8 → I wish

Is there any chance the by grand larceny damaged signature can be repaired . . ?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  6. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore Senior Member

They had the wit to recognize an exceptional signature. Perhaps you should be flattered more than upset.

However, I'm glad you got your signature back. As an artist, I can understand how you feel.

-Will (Dragonfly)

7. KeithO

KeithO Senior Member

Would have it been ok if they had given you credit as the originator ? As in quoted your signature ?

8. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

The real issue that I had was that the person who took it, changed it to be mocking rather than helpful. As I, and other professionals, have said before the thing that really upsets us is when someone leads with a question, then doesn't like the answer and is unwilling to put in the effort to find out why the professionals feel that way. I.e. all they wanted was bias conformation, and where upset when they did not get the response they felt they deserved.
    Perhaps one day, when I have passed over the bar, a forensic cyber anthropologist may discover this site and feel that my signature is worthy of quoting. At that time, perhaps, I would be worthy of a credited quote.
    I already have had one good quote, in mythic form, repeated back to me (by someone who was not there) before I retired. I will admit looking back on it, what I said had all the required traits: laconic, truthful, and hidden shade.
    No, I choose to leave it like this, history must not be forgotten least others repeat it.

9. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore Senior Member

Lol, an interesting take on George Santayana's quote. My version is, 'if you've actually studied the lessons of history, you'ld realize that we are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past dispite what we've learned about them.'

Santayana's saying was actually a quote taken from an aboriginal tribal elder who was explaining their tradition of oral history keeping. Santayana was a philosopher and a social anthropologist. An interesting dude.

-Will (Dragonfly)

10. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

I'm sorry, but I'm going to drop out of this false flag argument. "we are doomed" may apply to those who do not consider history, but not those who's legacy and correctness depends upon it. If you believe Santayana's quote, he fooled you.

11. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

So your quote wasn't stolen, it was mocked.
    There is a big difference between the two.
    To say it was stolen is misleading.
    And now you're not even using it.
    Is this a publicity stunt?
    John, really?

12. A II

A II no senior member → youtu.be/oNjQXmoxiQ8 → I wish

Maybe the larcener learned from history to get away with it, a kinda similar thing happened before to Henry Kissinger with a signature verification card actually, the culprit wasn't caught then, I believe.

13. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

No, the quote was stolen in its entirety, then words were added to say that the naval architect had no worth because his experiences were not relevant to anything...because the thief didn't think so. As I pointed out in the 1st post of this thread, they could have done much better if they had the wit...but they didn't. I wouldn't mind witty sarcasm... but ..word.. for.. word.. copying? Yes my nose (and other things) are big, but I could have come up with a hundred..., no a THOUSAND!...better insults.

14. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

< Closing this thread as this should hopefully be resolved now. >

We really appreciate people taking their time to help others on the forum here.

In the same way posts which jab at other members are discouraged, signatures should not be used to jab at another member or group.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.