The square wheel syndrome

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by gonzo, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore Senior Member

Occult, to cover up.

"occult light
    A light beacon on the surface used especially in sea navigation, distinguished by a flashing light that goes into a sudden and total eclipse at regular intervals. The duration of the eclipse is always shorter than the duration of the lighted periods."

The ancient mystery religions were Hermetic, meaning of Hermes, famous for an occult monastic tradition that believed some truths had to be prepared for. It was best to bring the novice up through the initiation process to prepare him to learn what the uninitiated would fear and deny out the terror of knowing what the universe truly was. The Pythagoreans were the most famous and powerful of these hermetic mystery religions.

Socrates refused to join their cult because he didn't want to take the vow of silence that would prevent him from teaching these ideas. And, look what happened to him.

-Will (Dragonfly)

2. A II

A II no senior member → youtu.be/oNjQXmoxiQ8 → I wish

We have all kinds of esotericism as a lame excuse to cover up for claimed but non-existent knowledge, however I would say the video in post #28 is rather exoteric in its proof of principle.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  3. brendan gardam

brendan gardam Senior Member

i just want someone to invent a fully retracting push button mast, is that so much too ask for.

4. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore Senior Member

I think you could improve on that.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.