Feather Light Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by striper, Mar 27, 2006.

1. striper

striper New Member

I believe I have a well thought out design for a unique shallow draft 18' boat designed for my own use (fly fishing) but do not want to proceed with construction until the design is confirmed by an expert. Willing to pay for help. Are there folks out there to review drawings and help finalize plans? I know there are probably plans out there for sale but want my own design. Am I crazy?

2. dimitarp

dimitarp Junior Member

Hi,
    I can help you. I deal with boatbuilding since 1995.If you want you can send the plan to me.
    partenov@yahoo.com

3. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Same here :)

4. spank

spank Junior Member

Hello Striper,
    I would be interested in helping you out with the design of your boat. Not only am I a designer by profession, but I am also a fanatical Striper fisherman. I actually fish for much more than just Stripers, but they are the major gamefish up here in Boston. In any case, to answer your question, no you are not crazy for wanting to design your own boat for fishing. There is a unique sense of satisfaction and pleasure that is gained from such a project that most people only dream about. What did you use to design the boat? What are you planning on building it with. Have you built any boats in the past?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.