The Rewards of Designing and Building Your Boat

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Enter Miles, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Enter Miles

Enter Miles Junior Member

Designing an building your own boat can bring great rewards. In my case anyway. I praise every minute I spend on my boat, just as I enjoyed the construction.
    Hope you enjoy the short clip:

Doug Lord likes this.
  2. J Smythe

J Smythe Junior Member

Nice. What made you decide to go with a cat?

Enter Miles likes this.
  3. Enter Miles

Enter Miles Junior Member

Well,... It is actually a tacking outrigger, not a catamaran. I wanted a multi, and I considered Wharram designs and building plans. However, cabin sizes, even of the Tiki 30 didn't convince me. So I transferred volume from one hull to the other, achieving a better combination, in my opinion. Even if, admittedly, the Tiki 30 offers more room and berths, overall. But I am very happy how Arpex'es cabin works for my requirements. It is not a boat for long distances, maybe. But for my daisailing and occasional overnight, it is quite wonderful.

4. J Smythe

J Smythe Junior Member

And that's all there is to it. Sweet, dude. Enjoy that baby.

Enter Miles likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.