49er Handbook

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Rockdamned, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Rockdamned

Rockdamned Junior Member

Hello everyone!
    I've finally bought my first 49er, after two years of work for it. Besides the happiness reached with it, I'm now facing the toughness of setting the boat to sail. From the ropes and elastics (so many!) to the layout, ending on what's needed and what's not.

To give you an idea (I'm not so good in english, written even worst), I don't know what is the vang setting, and either what ropes, how long and how "big" shall it be...

Lasers has their brand new Handbook (I used to sail Lasers before...), and other boats has it. Do you know if there is anything also for the 49er? Unfortunately the net is not so helpfull in it...

Thank you very much!
    Ciao!

2. CutOnce

CutOnce Previous Member

The training video DVD "Higher and Faster" focuses on RS800, 49er and the 29er. There is video of each, including on shore with controls. Well worth the price of admission.

If you are new to skiff sailing, this is one absolute mandatory purchase.

--
    CutOnce

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.