The "NANCY G" a surfboat /lifeboat to motorsailer conversion build in progress

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by viking north, Feb 11, 2011.

1. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Funnily enough (or not) I once used to have a hotmail account with a name like that.... before Microsoft bought hotmail and 'improved' it to the point of total uselessness.....

PDW

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

My favourite cartoon. Used to love all the acme equipment. :D

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

I prefer Ackley to Acme.
    As in "Ackley Improved".

(Refers to a famous gunsmith and hand loaded modified brass rifle cartridges. Shoulders on Ackley Improved cases, are fire formed in the re-reamed chamber to a 45 degree angle, changed from the OEM 30 degree shoulder. More room for powder (hotter loads) and less brass stretching and subsequent trimming.
    Results in reloadable more times before case worn out.)

4. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

Acme was wile e coyotes preferred supplier .

5. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Me too. In fact one of these days I might re-badge all my heavy machinery accordingly.

The 'Acme' metal planer has a nice ring to it.....

PDW

6. Yobarnacle

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I reckon all the B and B guests have gone to warmer climes by now, so good sailing your new project boat.

8. hoytedow

Cutting the ramp terminus:

Attached Files:

9. Yobarnacle

Installing a boat launch ramp, Hoyt?
    Nice idea, but where you gonna put the parking lot for the trailers and tow vehicles?
    Your dog is gonna bite you if you reduce his running space any additional amount. :D

10. hoytedow

Nope. Those 2 fellows are waaaay north of Cuba.

Attached Files:

11. Yobarnacle

If that's your dog's paw print, he's seriously in need of a manicure!

12. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Ha Ha, Yo, I think he's playing charades. That animal is somewhat larger than Hoyt's dog and roams some 3000miles north of Kuba. When Hoyt made the scene we had run out of wood in Nova Scotia so started cutting and burning concrete :D Haven't gotten back to it since Hoyt. Not going to bother until I have to use it, speaking of which i'm almost ready to post more progress photos on the Nancy G and it's 4 wheeled cradle. Haven't done much with the PaceShip as yet, actually hoping to sell her. That purchase was a panic move of age and remaining life's time to get back sailing. Some guys go chase young women, I go out and buy another more finished boat. :) Both are hard on money. Reading my favorite boating magazine this morning ( From across the pond and has the word Practical in it's name),they have an article on the new Golden Globe around the world race. The 50th. anniversary of Robert Knox Johnston's crossing the line first. Well the oldest participant thus far is 71, my age, now I feel much better. Getting cool in the shop, think i'll go cut more concrete. :D

13. hoytedow

Cheese burns better but don't cut it while I am around. :D

14. viking north

viking north VINLAND

"I'M BACK"-can't recall the TV show but thought it was appropriate. :) First observation; time does fly when one is busy. Quick update, other than out earning more boat money I have been busy with B&B maintenance and a small addition. The homestead is getting near 35yrs old and in our ocean front climate that demands some majour work on windows siding and exterior trim not to mention the decks. The southeast wall takes the brunt of our prevailing weather and as such required the initial and most work. It also happens to be our main entrance hall/room and one that i've always felt was neglected for it's potential as both the main entrance and a great sunrise morning room. So I bumped out the exterior wall some 4ft. , filled it with big windows and the once 8x22ft. entrance hall is now a 12ftx22ft Entrance Parlor/ Morning Room. (Bottom photo is the before, middle right photo's new area in progress).That dam rock wall took me a month to locate, haul the rocks and build. Oh I also found time to install the ant. tower base and locate space for my Radio Shack/Marconi Room which will be in legal operation within the next few months, antenna tower with both a long wire and beam set up. Over the next couple of days I will attached a few more photos of this non boat work just to prove i haven,t been wasting too much time on the now quasi legalized organics :D My next post (tomorrow) will be an update on the boat work.

P.S. Hoyt if you look carefully you should see a couple of compact but appreciated units on that shelf --Tnx. Again Geo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  15. Yobarnacle

All those electronics, doing SETI research, Viking?

< catamarn: how to plumb water tank in each hull | Which Stapler to Buy >