Ricks V12 at 5.5 knots

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Guest625101138, May 19, 2007.

1. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

I placed a video of my V12 boat on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYoW3XjHRbw

I am doing around 5.5kts as I pass the camera position and drop to around 3kts as I go into the turn. I am not confident of the stability yet.

For calm water use I still prefer V11 boat. This clip shows V11 at 6.5kts with a later model engine:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEadJFg2F9s&mode=related&search=
    The outriggers make for a more relaxed ride. The extra height adds windage but this only becomes a problem when the wind gets above 10kts.

Rick

2. StianM

StianM Senior Member

This was a disapontment. I though a v12 engine:D

3. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

Stan
    I am preparing for the day we run out of hydrocarbon or it becomes completely anti-social to use the fuel extravagantly for leisure pursuits.

Besides that, with my 128W (continuous rating) to play with I have to design for efficiency. I have been able to hit almost 10kts with my 1951 vintage engine at peak output. As well as the design challange, you get fit when testing and it is great fun.

V12 is my twelve boat so I am slow learner. V11 is the best to date and I am planning on a carbon fibre version of V11.

Rick

4. alexlebrit

alexlebrit Senior Member

Rick excellent, good to see something out on the water which sure gets the inspiration going.

Now back to Freeship for me and this pedal powered touring boat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.