what model Sea Ray is it?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by hopeitfloats, Feb 5, 2014.

1. hopeitfloats

hopeitfloats New Member

New to this site and looking to get a 1986 sea ray that has been sittin around for about 12 years back on the water. It is 19 ft and 6 inches long and has a 260 mercruiser in it, but i cant figure out what model it is. Does anyone know or has anyone else ran into this problem. looked all over online couldnt find the name. searay.jpg

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

On the upper right hand side of the transom will be a number, we refer to as the HIN. This will offer the manufacture and year of the boat. From this, we can see what was available from that manufacture, during that year and nail down the model. Can you post the HIN?

3. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

You may also have a Coast Guard plate the capacities on it that might have the model listed. That plate might be on the kneewall by the driver's station or somewhere close. This is where it is on my boat:

104_1015 (Large).JPG

4. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Looks like a Seville?

If you go on the Sea Ray website, they have a historical section and you can look at brochures from many years past.

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Again, the HIN will tell you what you need to know. If the site "Classic Plastic" is still up, you might find some history and era brochures to look through.

6. hopeitfloats

hopeitfloats New Member

thanks for the info. from what i found from the HIN it seems to be a 1986 197 SXL. i also looked at the sea ray website and old brochures and it had a monaco 195/197 which lists specs and options and they all match the boat i have.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.