The Jet Capsule

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by pierpaololazzar, Oct 28, 2013.

1. pierpaololazzar

pierpaololazzar Junior Member

Hello guys !
    Just wanted to introduce you the 2014 Jet Capsule, hope you will like and also if you don't hope you will support us ;)

After the initial presentation as a concept 5 years ago, the Jet Capsule has been proposed “live” at the 2013 Monaco Show.

Everything started from the work of an Italian group of unconventional designers and engineers, who invented a boat which is different from all others in the market.

Despite the current crisis of the nautical industry in Italy, Jet Capsule S.r.l. is expanding and claims to be the only new nautical company started in Italy in 2012. The shipyard is located in Naples and employs 30 workers. The management is

optimistic and envisage to double shortly such employment figure.

The innovative Jet Capsule, which is 7,5 meters (24’6″Ft) long and 3,5 meters wide (11’5″), proposes itself as a “full custom” product; each client may customize it based on his needs and desires. The Jet Capsule customization program allows

several configurations, including the one with transformable sofas, the boat taxi with 9 large seats and a luxury version with all comforts.

The Jet Capsule is ideal for passengers transport, patrol boats or any kind of marine forces, scuba diving activities or simply “to have fun“.

You can find here some examples : http://www.jetcapsule.com/MainSite/JetCapsuleCustomize.html

Several versions are currently under development, also for ambulance and emergency purposes.

The Capsule builds-in a last generation hydro-jet system. It can be equipped with one or two engines, petrol or gasoline.

The client may select among different versions: from 315 HP to 740 HP, rear automatic closing doors, sunbed, toilet and many other features...

I hope it will helps you.
    Feel free to contact me if you need any additional information.
    http://www.jetcapsule.com

Here is the youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrnRXjEzrk&feature=youtu.be

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Curious and nice boat. A little warm for Mediterranean summers, right?
    How do you extract the anchor when it has castled?

3. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

My first question would be "is it self righting?"

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

When the boat heels over, let´s say 30 degrees, is flooded. It is difficult, therefore, to be "self righting"

5. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Pretty sexy looking boat. Also very expensive looking. I expect it would be a bear in a brisk cross wind on account of all that tall upper structure.

6. nimblemotors

nimblemotors Senior Member

Very nice, and WOW, IT IS AN ACTUAL BOAT, and not just a graphic rendering of something people want you to buy before they have even built a single one.

But I think you need more switches on the dash, 29 of them are not enough. :)

Looks like a boat for taking tourists out diving.

7. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

No windscreen wiper ? Will certainly need one looking at the shape forward.

8. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

I could see this as a pretty compelling tender for a mega yacht. Particularly for a high latitude expedition vessel.

Most of my boating is in temperate climates, I can't see being that enclosed in warm weather.

9. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

I am bit more skeptical. ~300-700hp (?!)

things I see problematic:
    1. how do you dock it with no fore deck?
    2. Its quite a greenhouse to try to keep cool when weather is nice.
    3. Must be quite top heavy and in windy conditions quite a wind catcher high up

The other concepts are a total joke. I mean the description itself makes me giggle:

"2x350Hp (700Horsepower) Bulletproof glasses, reinforced alluminium chassis.
    The most powerfull jet capsule configuration for the most safe and fast patrol/safety boat ever."

Bullet proof glass would make it extremely top heavy and the layout is so impractical that it would make no sense at all for a work boat of any kind.

I do applaud the marketing effort though - helicopter shots and all that. To me 40 seconds to get to the point is too slow and more real content vs. lifestyle shots would be preferred - but still.

If the beauty shots are CG and not of a prototype then hats off.

10. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

2 small gatling guns forward and one big rear facing one. I guess they can be used for extra thrust too.

[​IMG]

When you are trying to sell the concept as a good solution for EVERYTHING always stinks as designers not really doing what their goal is. And yeah I too am surprised that a real boat has been produced as this does seem much more like a student project with just flashy 3d-renders.

11. MoeJoe

MoeJoe Junior Member

It's pretty cool. But bow access for docking might be a challenge. And it does look top-heavy, can it handle heavy seas?

12. keith66

keith66 Senior Member

It will roll like a turd in a pisspot.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.