The Island, an epic adventure of raft building.

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Quapty, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Quapty

Quapty New Member

My family and I gathered over the weekend for the 4th of July and decided to celebrate our great nations independence by building a raft to power our way across the deadly waters of Cedar Creek Lake. These waters have taken many lives and there is an island uninhabited in the middle of this lake. Four men built a raft in hopes to conquer this great island of death, but what will happen when the lake gets the best of these men?

Check out the video which tells the great tale of these four men and support upcoming voyages to...the island.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/704138/the_island/

2. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Two words, displacement theory.

Entertaining vid though.

Tim

3. Quapty

Quapty New Member

it's funny, but long. All the music was done by me though so I find it more entertaining to make than watch.

4. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Q,

You have agood one sir. Be careful. Welcome.

Tim

5. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Thanks heavens you're music skills are better than your yacht design ones!;)

6. Quapty

Quapty New Member

haha, yea. We figured out each pvc pipe could only hold 28 lbs. so we would've needed a lot more. But when the money is tight you gotta deal with what you have.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.