the golden mean of proportion

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by 8knots, Mar 23, 2002.

1. 8knots

8knots A little on the slow side

This is in response to Steve’s work in similitude. Very much off of that subject so I will post it here. I have followed along but must admit the math boggles me at this point. Anyway this is taken from the “JOURNAL OF HISTORICAL ARMSMAKING” What you say? People figured out proportion a long time ago. Steve’s work brought this back to mind so I figured I would share this with all of you out there. I you are interested there is a lot more to this. Let me know and I will get the rest of what I have to you!!!
    Steve. I saw the sailing vessel you are working on and WOW!!!! If I may be bold
    Do not let your client simplify the ornament on the transom it will ruin her! If you need sources for that style I have gobs! I could even try to work on it or give ideas I mean.
    I have studied 18th century arms and furniture for a long time. I know a few people who could help too. Oh and I want the contract for the swivel guns!!!! 8Kts :p

Attached Files:

• gmp.jpg
      gmp.jpg
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

< Dock space | Clr >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.