The end of the world is near....... what Yacht will you build?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wellydeckhand, Jun 16, 2006.

?

What u will choose if seawater rise 50M and u need to find other land but............

1. Monohull Sail Yacht

29.3%
  2. Monohull Motoryacht

4.8%
  3. Monohull Motorsailer

12.3%
  4. Catamaran Sail yacht

17.1%
  5. Catamaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  6. Catamaran Motorsailer

10.8%
  7. Trimaran Sail Yacht

12.0%
  8. Trimaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  9. Trimaran Motorsailer

4.6%
  10. Dont Know?

1.4%
  11. Stay at land and hang on something

0.9%
  12. Find a submarine........ hopefully

4.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Ah my gang, yes we are the ones sporting horns and pitch forked tails aren't we. Please feel free to place all the worlds ills at the feet of independently informed critically thinking individuals who aren't buying the gubment line.

4.5B ? must be that republican math again, ah 10% of 7 billion is 700 million. Another good reason trade in a B-2 bomber and double the education budget in this country eh. Course by the time the oceans rise that much we'll be staring at 9B mouths to feed so that 10% becomes
    anyone
    900 million

enslavement? you mean like when the corporations are allowed to shuffle jobs to countries bidding out there peoples labor at the lowest wage while folks here at home end up jobless living off food stamps. Or do you mean like when corporations are allowed to hold employees to 39 hrs a week so they don't have to pay benny's. Oh wait I know, you mean like when the working poor hold two or three part time jobs that all pay minimum wage so they can feed there own kids rather than live off the gubment dole and be humiliated by taking handouts rather than simply work themselves to death 100 hrs a week.

Fart bicycles eh, sounds like the oil and gas scam to replace working electric cars today with mythical hydrogen powered cars,
    eventually

Sorry but that kind of thinking is fast going the way of the Dodo
    and none to soon

cheers
    B

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I used to help build electric cars. Where do you think the energy comes from to power them. Do you think they are clean? You are a dreamer.

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

great flick called "Who Killed the Electric Car"

you might look it up

5. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.gata.org/node/9723
    Panic selling of dollar could start soon, Turk tells King World News

I am reminded of WestVanHan's post
    "It dropped a cent..so what? Keep this at your own site plz.or I'll come to your site and ruin your little circle jerk."

Looks like your peaceful dreaming will be disturbed soon?.... You are welcome to try and play on "my website"... For US$200 administrative costs to transfer ownership of the registered domain name, and it is yours, or anyone else who wants... Server rental is paid up for the next 10 months...

http://www.usagold.com/publications/newsletter0411.html The "Short and Sweet" section is FASCINATING and VERY INTERESTING...

6. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Hay all im back....what did i miss in my absent????? my nice little empire (business) in CHCH recently fell victim to the continuing earthquakes here in CHCH, and my poss nest egg of an insurance payout may now look like it wont happen due to high chance that even the insurance company will be forced to go under due to the high payouts and quakes..seems no matter where in the world we are something will happen to someone, and we either go through it ourselves or we know friends or family who do??? I now have nothing, (even by future yacht was damaged beyond repair) so as much as i want to sail the world and live like a frugile hermit, whats one to do, when they now have nothing to show for all there hard work?????

I no longer have any ties or anything of any value anymore, so am well and truly a free agent....any ideas?????

Also anyone know where i can get a cheap (free lol) yacht that perhaps needs abit of work and tlc????

Hope you are all well :)

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

try "bone yard boats"

Also go with a slow turning diesel and learn how to make your own fuel. I to lost most everything a few years ago and have been struggling to get my act together enough to retire up to the pacific NW. Pyrolysis is the way to go on fuel, uses an old pottery kiln and a few welded parts but in the end creates diesel out of plastic. You might even end up getting paid to collect plastic trash after a storm somewhere so make out coming and going. Deal is your free so now you can aim in any direction you want.

I had a pile of horses, a ranch and a barn full of cars so I feel your pain brother, I feel your pain

8. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

Of course the energy has to come from somewhere. I read once a study by an university in Arizona, if memory still serves me, which investigated just that issue and they came to a conclusion that the electric car produces indirectly 7 times less CO2 than an petrol car.

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ya I read that as well
    it does, but the typical republican line is very pro oil and gas industry. They get a lot of there "campaign" contributions from them so they tend to regurgitate a lot of misinformation if they think it will help there benefactors.

The oil and gas industries misinformation campaign is one of the more insidious assaults on science, you can pretty much bet if its on the republican agenda and it has anything to do with energy policy, its probably not based on facts or realities

Troy would likely have a good grip on this issue about the electric cars and there footprint

10. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

So does anyone know of small offshore yachts (between 15-25ft) i can build with no money? Ive got nothing to do, and little funds but need to get onto the water....any ideas??

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

This a perfect approach to a problem, no money.

What ever you build will no doubt be the best you can do, it will however be innovative as lack of funds will motivate the build.

Necessity is the mother of inventions?--- bull,-- finance is.

12. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Maybe i should reword my last text?? When i say i dont have funds, i mean i dont have $100k to throw around on a yacht (like i did before the quake, no assets means no income means no security means no money).
    So my budget is now $30k.... so im now having to rethink how i do things, (quite nice actually :) )

13. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

How about:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/retirement-houseboat-floating-home-23987-2.html#post405942

http://picasaweb.google.com/pramaprow/Raft#slideshow/5179203670784945714

...or:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/need-advice-building-houseboat-lagos-nigeria-35580-2.html#post422783

Attached Files:

14. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Very very cool, where do you keep the sails, and the like...as much as i love it, i dont think she would be very seaworthy, im looking fo a small but solid offshore yacht.... I could turn the little house boat into a home away from home perhaps, with a bar, and spa pool...that may work ?

15. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

I was just thinking that sometimes a life style change doesn't have to involve sailing off into the wild blue yonder :)