The end of the world is near....... what Yacht will you build?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wellydeckhand, Jun 16, 2006.

?

What u will choose if seawater rise 50M and u need to find other land but............

1. Monohull Sail Yacht

29.3%
  2. Monohull Motoryacht

4.8%
  3. Monohull Motorsailer

12.3%
  4. Catamaran Sail yacht

17.1%
  5. Catamaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  6. Catamaran Motorsailer

10.8%
  7. Trimaran Sail Yacht

12.0%
  8. Trimaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  9. Trimaran Motorsailer

4.6%
  10. Dont Know?

1.4%
  11. Stay at land and hang on something

0.9%
  12. Find a submarine........ hopefully

4.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Gonzo,
    Only the western world's financial systems? - - - Hopefully 'developing', and 'emerging nations' will not be impacted too heavily or subject to such intense deprivations in their normal living standards as in Eu and USA.... and likely Australia will suffer too, for all its collective politically slavish stupidity and GEC denial...

Australia is currently feeling the beginnings of a significant slump in housing prices with very poor sales clearance rates, along with likely interest rate increases...

Click here for recent posts and views if you are interested...

2. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

It seems no matter what, no matter where we are, we are all doomed one way or another...

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Now that makes sense, but I thought I was the doom and gloom fanatic? . . . . well according to some, - & - "not a senior member" :D:D:D I like to think of it as being aware of likely events/outcomes, and preparing and planning to counter any adversity as best as one can...

4. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

I read that house prices fell by about 50% in Ireland recently. That would be hilarious if it happened in Australia - all those over-priced McMansions (mortgaged to the hilt) are suddenly worth 1/2, interest rates rise, and the "owners" can't walk away from the debt. Serves the greedy twerps right.

5. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Maybe we should all set sail now, and let the rest of the world tear itself apart..... ive noticed as of late that alot more countries are having more and more problems.....and it looks as if there higher power people are not doing much to sort the s@#t out....hate to be a killjoy, but its not getting anybetter....

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Leo,
    Good to see you are still around... I hope your skills and expertise are gainfully occupied and giving you pleasure and mental stimulus... My build is almost ready and looking beautiful... I am looking to depart soon for Melanesian waters via the coastal route (inside the reef) as my money ran out, so I am a 6-knot motor boat with a range under power of around 4000 N.Miles... Is Rick Willoughby still active?

Hi wmonastra,
    Precisely my plan... Take care both of you... See you cruising... My build will likely be called "Tree of Life" as I am rather fanatical about the Cocos Nucefera... Especially the coconut variety so common in the SW Pacific Island region... (Tall, well hung with 6 to 12 large nuts - 1.2kg each - per spadix...):eek:

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

always a pleasure Mas
    I'm actually doing better now than I was a year ago and better still than two years ago. So although I agree it certainly looks like the lack of organic growth in the markets spells doom and gloom some time down the road I could really use that to wait until I get my build done as well

cheers
    B

8. masalai

masalai masalai

I do not wish to upset the deniers and other foolish fools... Follow my link please...

9. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Hay Masalai

Im heading your way in about 6-8 weeks to see family, id love to call past and have a beer with you if you have the time...id love to see your project....

W

10. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

Life is sweet at the moment. My latest contract ends in a few weeks, so I will have to make a major life decision soon - either I look for more work, or I go on the dole and get some research done :)

All the best with the build and launch!

11. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I don't get it. This is about the end of the world and you are worried about economics. There would be no economics, or countries or planet.

1 person likes this.
  12. masalai

masalai masalai

The economies of the "Western World" are the only participants and contributors in "The end of the world...." No aliens, No Meteors, No black holes (except JPMorgan/The FED and associated banksters of NY), No other cataclysmic event....

It is all about the fraudulent, manipulative and corrupt activities of the USA government, The FED and their owners and controllers, the 'banksters' - JPMorgan-Chase, Goldman Sachs, BoA, HSBC, Barkleys of London, Duycher or is it Bundes bank and others making the core of the "gang of SEVEN" who are out after more power to print money...

13. wardd

wardd Senior Member

twice

14. masalai

masalai masalai

I see two options, 3 scenarios...
    1) - USA goes broke and all the bureaucrats are "laid off" - made redundant and unemployed...
    2) - Because they are laid off the bureaucrats continue to work and pocket the registration and other fees/fines/licences - in other words PIRACY...
    3) - Because of 1... and - - 2 does not happen... :eek: - You will not have to register your boat but to leave the country you may have to bribe some 20 or so layers of unemployed bureaucrats who are now pirates... :eek:

15. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT