The end of the world is near....... what Yacht will you build?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wellydeckhand, Jun 16, 2006.

?

What u will choose if seawater rise 50M and u need to find other land but............

1. Monohull Sail Yacht

29.3%
  2. Monohull Motoryacht

4.8%
  3. Monohull Motorsailer

12.3%
  4. Catamaran Sail yacht

17.1%
  5. Catamaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  6. Catamaran Motorsailer

10.8%
  7. Trimaran Sail Yacht

12.0%
  8. Trimaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  9. Trimaran Motorsailer

4.6%
  10. Dont Know?

1.4%
  11. Stay at land and hang on something

0.9%
  12. Find a submarine........ hopefully

4.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

pick odd one out... this is a hard one... choose carefully...:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

Homer Vader!

3. harlemriverman

harlemriverman Senior Member

here's my big plan masalai.

i'm gonna fill her with just enough carbon emitting, cursed fossil fuel to scuttle within drunken walking distance of the green parrot. my keen survival skills will then turn to my adept ability to stagger home from a full-day's steady diet of margarita, nachos and bohemian music.

its a tough job but i'm up to the challenge. and i should be good until my heart stops, the crushed ice runs out or there are no more clean staterooms...which ever comes first. my bets on the ice.

1 person likes this.
  4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

harlem sounds a good plan to me! To maintain your ice stocks only offer guests drinks without ice!!

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

good pick... although it wonzent my pick of the wave...:)

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Hello Westie, you been somewhere else of recent weeks? Your presence and humour has been missing?

7. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

me busy? just lazy n crazy...

Mmmm... doin welding... had a FabShop now and wanting to get some job to have my pocket fill in with fund for greater things like new toys...:D:D:D

Here wat I am doin...

I am still lobbying 2 new smelter factory and a new paper pulp mill... that will cover me for 5 years work hopefully... :)

With the price of fuel and steel plate rising like that... my shipyard is doin just repair job for the mass... no new ship is being done

I will be around reading and enjoying your thread... nice goin masalai

Attached Files:

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Wow, Westie, Thank you for the images, Most impressive... Just keep an eye on the Crude and other threads as to the status of the global economy / oil / and related stuff - read between the lines - most of it is sound and well researched and disguised by heavy bursts of drivel for entertainment - good practice in interpreting English discussion.

Have a chat with wynand (building that beaut steel boat in Saffa) and keep Manie B (a good manager) and Fanie (electrinics wiz) in mind.... Good luck and God bless

PS Coconut log bridges are quite strong and reliable when held in threes in a triangle form and I have seen them last for 20 years...

9. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

wellz westy,,,,that stuff looks like real work,,,,man makes me tired jus watchin ya,,hehe ;) ,,,oh,,,before anyone else gets the chance and beats me,,,,,,MAN,, keep that welding helmet on,,,it improves ya looks dramatically! HA hehe ;)

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Lets talk about the "end of the (modern crass commercial) phase of this world"

Who is placing bets on "day of first day of the BIG ECONOMIC MELTDOWN"? - - I want to know on which day I should hold my breath in excited anticipation....

11. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

HI there

Masalai ive just sold my wagon and have been walking to work for the last 4 weeks, fuel in nz is just getting pathetic, (like elsewhere no doubt) so its done me good walking for a few weeks. if had better planned it i should have built my restaurant closer to my boat, then i wouldnt have to walk so far each day of sleep at work....

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Well done Wmonastra, I presume you have also been busy with other things? At 71 metres half way up an undulating hill, at my age walking is not an option until I get nearer to a flatter terrain. Just think how envious I am that you are slimming down and getting fitter - - Something I must do very soon...

13. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

lol. thanks, me slim... nice thought lol.. and yes ive been very busy, im foolish enough to be the proud owner of a new resnt on the 1st july, and my other restnt opens in 7 weeks time lol... both at opp ends of the country, (could be interesting considering i sold my car,) a hard time to be relaunching my businesess i know but ive got to try and keep cash flow going so as i can get my next project started before xmas..(the building of my new yacht.) so you have to spend money to make money..

Im still on the look out for plans as im thinking its about time i put my theory to the test, and not just talk about everything ive said on the site but turn it into action... i hope to get feed back.. both pos and neg from all the readers.

W

14. masalai

masalai masalai

wmonastra, Good luck, I like cooking, and have worked in a restaurant, but I am tooo much of a "cantankerous individual" to cook professionally... Not for me...

My favourite designers are all coming back to Brisbane (John Hitch & Robin Chamberlin) in a year or so to build their own next boat, and Bob Oram, Just north in the Hervey Bay area is the only one who sells plans and I like his boats.

15. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

nice, do you have a plans or a website i can have a look at? id be keen to keep looking, . im trying to get my restnts to fund my sailing projects which would be nice