The end of the world is near....... what Yacht will you build?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wellydeckhand, Jun 16, 2006.

?

What u will choose if seawater rise 50M and u need to find other land but............

1. Monohull Sail Yacht

29.3%
  2. Monohull Motoryacht

4.8%
  3. Monohull Motorsailer

12.3%
  4. Catamaran Sail yacht

17.1%
  5. Catamaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  6. Catamaran Motorsailer

10.8%
  7. Trimaran Sail Yacht

12.0%
  8. Trimaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  9. Trimaran Motorsailer

4.6%
  10. Dont Know?

1.4%
  11. Stay at land and hang on something

0.9%
  12. Find a submarine........ hopefully

4.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kach22i

kach22i Architect

We have a winner..................:D

Reminds me of a few of the places the "Lexx" visited. Stanley, Xev (Zev), the dead guy and robot head traveling through space - silly TV show.

A ship that eats other ships for energy......that's a concept!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexx

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The flooding of the Baltic is probably--- well more believable than others. But there must have been a similar tragedy when the mediteranian broke through at Gibralter/ Maroco. I am not aware of any fairy stories being made up of that one? Yet this would have been closer to Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Palestine and generaly within the viscinity of people who were at that time writing bible bits.

3. DJSwan

DJSwan woodworker

Oh I change my mind too. The opportunity for world domination and soylent green I could let go for a chance to party on Jack's barges. If you are interested in big floods google Lake Missoula.

4. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

Jack frost..your idea about artificial beach with club house and a bunch of strip ready girls is really interesting..maybe there is no neeed for a flood or what..but..if this idea can be implemented..maybe it can generate lotsa business..like partying on the sand bar somewhere..

1 person likes this.
  5. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

New Order?

He...... hei...... cool down, I love beer and girls but ...... U guys need much more than PHAT.....

In a world flood age situation, there will be a few surviver still can be catagorised by a few dept............

1. The pure lonely..... John Wyane typoe of machoe Rodeo have all he need go around save the other surviver and gets all the fun and hapless girls....:)

2. The idiot ........... like Bevear and butt head who think they are always sinking when they are on the luxurious yachts everymade.......................:D

3. The Simpson.......... Travel carrying wife and kids...... including the family pets..... lots of them........ without SPCA watching regulation, the pet would be a nice option for the menu.............................................................:(

4. The Rambo......... The guys with the earliest preparation cause they still lived in the vietnam era in their Matrix subconcious mind....... They have guns and beer and shoot friend and foe alike........... proberly too much junk shot chemical in their body........................................................................:p

5. The Techno........... The guys who built everything and have everythin but still clever enough to make other do their dirty job.............................:cool:

6. The Black widow colony......... A group of woman that act helpless drawing all man, have them for sex, kill man for recycle and take the rest of the bootie to contruct a Dial- a -sexkill hotline........................................:eek:

7. The meek.............. the type keep saying they will inherent the EARTH!!!, they build under water house with pipe and lead for weight, have a evade all problem toward everything......... pure survival tactic for oneselve.

8. The Merchantile............. Rich bugger with resources stash of logistic.... they control all business and trade...... even the end of the world senario.........................................................................:rolleyes:

9. The Presidental Envoy........ needless to say best equipment best knowledge and best stingy ******* to survive ALL situation, because they gonna start a new "Me Get All Pretty Woman Sydrome" and populate the new world..................................................................................:mad:

10. Sea Biker............. Cut-Throat, Water basher, Pirate, Rougher and the name is an endless pit...... cause they are the pure survival bunch of anarchy by the human standard.................. :!:

11. The Fools........... Unpredictable people who choose the beaten path of the holocaust.....................................................:cool:

12. Mad chalants priest.................. still think GOD is angry with them.

13. Slave........ part of the bootie and lowest STD OEM workforce....... disposable colony.......... Fast Food:confused:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What other class should be include? Any body out there which is a shrink?:D

WDH

6. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Hi there

Im new to the site and im gonna play too.The boat i would have to me is the best boat made. And that is the one I already own.( at the time)

I know that may be plain and no fun but when the would is covered in water if you had a boat that ran on fuel (any type) you will always run into some sort of problems, the main one being can you get more???
    even if you had something to trade for the fuel whos to say that the people who sell it to you havent done anything to it to make your boat stop/breakdown and when that happens they then take you and your boat for there own purpose.and turn you into fish food,
    the boat I will use will be basic but comfortable, and have a basic small engine that runs on nothing so alittle will go along way and just sail to the barge with the girls on. The boat will have as little rigging as posible maybe junk rig so that you have no worries of stays breaking and all mannor of self survival stuff on it and be unsinkable. since i will be living on it I wouldnt need to worry bout the city folk panicing that there homes are underwater and come down to
    the marina and get a ride/or loot a boat cause by that time i will be gone. and the city can fall apart with out me. to me that idea of a converted racing yacht appeals cause it can be fast to outrun the smokers(hopefully) you can have a decent workshop on board and also portion some of the boat to a basic but luxury liveaboard standed, it would be sailed singlehanded with ese but also enough room for all the beautiful woman you may pick up along the way. Im not the most tech minded person out there so if it basic and less to go wrong the beter.

I know of some people who are already doing the boat/ world flooding thing, and what surprises me is that they are quite normal, when i meet one of them i expected a mad max type of boat made out of steel and loaded with everything and ready for what the world could dish out.and the boat struggling under the weight. but that is not the case at all. the boat is steel and just very well set up for offshore sailing and built very strong. and they have normal jobs like you and me. So maybe they know something we dont.

i guess in survival mode you will get the people who will jump into there 4x4 and head for the hills. Me id rather be on my boat and head for the open ocean and go where the wind takes me.

i hope im not a kill joy on the subject but i like to be practical and have fun at the same time.

wayne

1 person likes this.
  7. Wellydeckhand

I think you know what you want.......but

You sound solid....... but I wouldnt mind if you have a pic of the all you can take racer........ I find it hard to understand if the boat is single handed mean it is quite comfortable in size meaning not too big..... racy and have space for stuff and girls? You are very lucky indeed............ can you post the boat pic? I am curious.........

You can check out boat in Hussein Shipyard and be amazed......... but there are alot other megayacht builder...... They are really N.A. at their best. With everything thinkable onboard.:)

For me an engine is just a quick no wind run away gadget....... and my boat gonna in the neighbourhood of 60-75ft why? Because I dont think smaller boat find my sense of safety........

1. Material gonna be steel........ simple underwater repair with Brocco rods,
    2. Steel can be salvage from shipwrecked commercial vessel..........
    3. 2 engine config. One a quick 300HP baby and a Dongfeng for other purposes alternative drive and power aux.......... cheap and simple.
    4. Fuel Diesel.......... hard to find unleaded Premix on the sea:D
    5. Combination of easiest unstayed mast with junk rig safety..............
    6. RO watermaker please be sensable....... you can sell water or trade.
    7. Bring your fishing tools............. no law so install the tiger net for big community catch.
    8. Bring a secondary manual navigation system that is foolproof
    9. 20 Sack of rice will go along way........ dont forget rice cooker.
    10. Soyabean for making beancurd(TOFU) and the waste turn to tempe or oncom (good food)
    11. Builded my own oversized propane tank......... for fuel and alternated engine power. store below hull with propane dectection alarm.
    12. Bring a few good books on wooden boat building and plans for island encounter filled with coconut or other lumber........ Coconut seed will drift from flood and grew elsewhere.......
    13. LOTS of Solar panel build into your deck and part of sail....................
    14. Man-powered FM,SW,LW radio for hearing news from flood or HAVEN beacons.
    15. Bring alot of contraceptive....... baby mean trouble and responsiblitiy you dont wanna want on this situation.
    16. Dont think of girls but recheck everything from the top, you may left out something.

You say I am paranoid? Try Indonesia with Tsunami, Eartquake and active volcano.......... They dont name us the ring of fire for nothing ok:)

I may left out some detail for private purposes. I have no wife problem because single but have parent to think of........ responsible.

WDH

8. Wellydeckhand

Have anybody watch the muvee "38 days Later"? I love the realistic jab into gentlement life in pure surviving mode.

I think all the govt. are sane and have a kindda plan for the worst disaster evacuation plan....... but.

1. Do you think they can save evrybody through their present resource?
    2. Do you think you're in the national treasure list of must be saved at any cost?
    3. Do you think that the army(generalised) will be civilised after no food for 3 days?
    4. Do you think that large families with more relative would care for you at the world Chaos?
    5. World Chaos is everyman for himself theory with temporarly govt guideline.
    6. Cluster family agreement before disaster always work because of commitment and senario preparation...... better confident.
    7. Remote survival would be a new cluster govt. as communication is lost (president will hide somewhere with champane and carvier) with their own "do-it-yourself-but-dont-****-up" guideline............. new world order.
    8. Watch out your ***....... primal drive..... to be dominant over same sex and pure sexual for opposite sex. Why ask a Lion or Goats..............

Some I better not say......................

These are the thing that may happen...................... You phone to the president and they say,"Go into the kitchen and grab yourself a knife, Your country is proud of you" Theory........ happen everywhere in the world.

WDH

Now we need more input for this silly senario pls comment................

9. Wellydeckhand

I prefer a Trimaran, it the side hull is broken, you can detact it and still have a center hull to safety..........hopefully to a near salvge point to make a new stuff..........

A trimaran have lots to offer....... and speed........ although a monohull will be sufficient.

10. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

Welly..don't worry be happy..Indonesians are survivors..since the days The Krakatau volcano blows it top off and kill some few hundred thousands..came to massive Tsunami and smaller scale earthquake..Indonesia and Indonesian do survive..will continue to survive..I had choosen a motor sailor..for the water world..50 feet of water will cause all Pacific attoll to sink..so do some part of Port Dickson..my house is about 100 feet from sea level..only 1 km away..from the sea..I had quit in the middle of the house buying process for another house which is about 15 feet above sea level and only 500 metres away from the shore..after that massive Tsunami hit Acheh.

11. kc135delta

kc135delta Junior Member

I'm covered, my cousin owns a gun company (barrett), brother is a Nuclear reactor officer in the navy. Now teaching other's to be the same in Norfolk, My Uncul is an admiral in the navy, and being a large catholic family we could start our own millitary, we allready own two british main battle tanks and I'm sure with my uncul's relations and our firepower we'll just go take one of those Ohio SSBN's and be on our way. If anyone wants to join just let us know your lat./long. and we'll come pick you up :) you bring the beer ofcourse. ;)

12. Wellydeckhand

If you need an Asian Butler give me a yell:D:D:D

13. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Well the weather in that scenario and by default the sea could be very rough/unstable. Need a boat capable of handling almost anything mother nature could throw at it. High stability rating, self righting capability.
    Construction of something that can be easily repaired without need to high tech tools or materials which may be unavailable.

Mychael

1 person likes this.
  14. Wellydeckhand

We talking sudden weather change within 0.5-2 hours....... dangerous pressure zone with mangnetic storm, dark glommy dusty shy year round for the first 3 years.......... Mutant fish?

Remember Mother Earth still can take alot of punishment but will lash back sometime....... Forget about the globe stop spinning.:)

Yes...... beaching is still possible as new beach contour will appear..... if u can find it in time. (You need a sat picture analysis of 50M and 100M rise and see where land will appear....)

With diving equipment and underwelding is easy and possible without too much problem.......:cool:

Even is you use a submarine...... with that kinda water... more I mean than usual will have unsual underwater current that might be tricky to steer and maintain course.

I will stick near to shoreline as near as possible..... visible and use a big stable manual compass ball and my favourite depth sonar for finding my way around. Landmark on high ground will give you some sense of direction and tell roughly where you are.

I am always crazy about uni-direction wind powered boat porpellar...... maybe it will work as wind will be everywhere...... lack of sun mean cooler air.... breeze situation

WDH

15. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Hi Wellydeckhand

Thanks for your imput, the funny thing is that i have been looking at some 2nd hand racing boats that are on the market in nz at the moment, and i have seen a few really nice steel boats that have a reasonable interior, the only things i would change would be the following.

1) use the forepeak for sail storage, and small workshop, add extra floation and remove the v-berth if fitted reinforce the bulkhead.Add xtra storage

2) Depending on where the head is relocate it to the forepeak.

3) change the squab covers to a waterproof type leather ( may as well be comfortable ) have extra water tanks fitted under the seatees and have them seperate and plumbed to there approate areas as needed. add xtra foam around the tanks

4) in the galley make it small enough for safety but big enough that you can still make great meals, have a gimbled stove, and single sink, and in ice box (no fridge as it just something else to go wrong) ice wont be a problem if you head to the colder climes. it will also have alot of food storage.

5) the nav area will have a full size chart table, and charts, vhf, ssb, hand held gps run and one of three compasses on the boat. and a good old fashioned sextent. I would also have a portable dvd player.

6) behind the nav area would be the entrance to "The CAVE" a semi double berth that runs under the cockpit and it would be like those beds you see on the american sports boats with wall to wall padding pillows, and mood lighting, and a lee cloth (of course for heavy weather sailing) and there would also be lee cloths for the seatees in the main cabin.( on the opp side to the double berth would be access from the cockpet to the emergency and survival gear)

7) out side it would be tiller steering backed up with a fleming self steering vane, the life raft would be just behind the mast, and there would be safety webbing running from the bow to the stern on both sides for the safety harness to attach. solar panels would also line the roof of the cabin from where the life raft ends to the hatch enterance.

8) there are a couple of nice cruiser/racers that would fit the bill nicely and it wouldnt take much to alter to the way i would like to boat, and most are sold with a good range of safety gear.

I only would go for the racer option so as to give me the best chance to get away from those smokers, if they wernt an issue it would be a cruiser,
    even though i would have lighting in the aft cabin it would be the most basic set up and the electronics would be basic and run of the solar panels that supply a bank of bout 4 batteries. the engine would be a small pull start volvo penta ( like the one in my current boat) so as not to drain the power from the battery.
    I would also even consider a centreboarder or large bilge keeler for the shallows and the ice.
    the hull will be insulated and i would be able to keep the boat warm in the below 0 degs. I had thought about a small fire place but to me it would take up space inside when you run out of fuel for it. give me a decent down jacket anyday. and down survival suit, and for the tropics my togs will be fine.

for the day i run out of food my trusty fishing rod will come in handy.

I had been playing with ideas for along time long before i found this forum, and think its great that im not the only person out there with strange ideas.

as long as my boat was as safe as i could make it for offshore long term travel i would be happy.
    is there any plans on this site that may help me??

Wayne