How is the bridge attached to the boat.

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Frosty, May 14, 2012.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

How is the bridge attached to a power boat. Mine seems to be glassed on but after 10 years the glassing is detaching and is coming away.

Would you suggest I work my way around under inside the bridge (loads of space to get in there) and grind it off and reglass the strips with glass matting and epoxy.

Its only one small apart that has come un glassed and Im hoping that all that there is but I thought I would work my way round re doing it with epoxy

Most of it can be accessed by working through or under seat hatches.

2. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I don't know how bad it is but if it a clean break of two well built areas, then just glue them with epoxy will work. Just create a dam with a little tape and pour epoxy until it fills gap. The epoxy will be plenty strong.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

--well its a tape of approx 10inches surounding the join of the entire bridge on the inner . It does appear to be one place, but once you get pulling at it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.