the comment for the school.

Discussion in 'Education' started by kung0215, Nov 13, 2003.

1. kung0215

kung0215 Guest

Hello !!
    I am just wondering if anyone know which yacht design school in USA has more positive reputation in this industry and feedback from the student ?

PS: I am an Electrical engineer, and looking for the yacht design school for my second career. The school I am looking will focus on the yacht performance and the relationship with this industry.

I greatly appreciate if you have any comment .

Peter

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Webb

Webb probably has the best reputation, with U Michigan a close second, though UM is better for graduate work.

You wouldn't be the first EE to go to UM for yacht design, by the way.

3. kung0215

kung0215 Guest

To Webb

Thank you for your comment.

Peter

4. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

Don't dismiss MIT and Florida Atlantic University. Also, though I don't know enough about the joint program in aeronautical and ocean engineering at Virginia Tech to recommend it I think they have the right idea. These are Ocean Engineering programs, not Yacht Design, but if it were me I'd check them out, as well as Stevens Institute and some of the Canadian programs.

Prof. Jerry Milgram at MIT headed the America^3 America's Cup design program for the 1992 and 1995 competitions.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.