Can anyone help design this Jet boat ?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by will9000, Oct 27, 2010.

1. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

Hi there, this is a friends commercial Jet boat, could anyone design me something similar i have no experience with plans etc...

Anyway HERE IS THE BOAT

Any info required please ask thanks.

2. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

bump!

3. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Nobody will build this for you from a set of plans ,you will need to make a plug and then moulds ,much cheaper to import one from NZ ,if you want new , pm "speedboats " he knows all about these.

4. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

What !! a plug ? moulds ? this is an aluminium boat !!! this is the big boys stuff not fibreglass !!! my friend got the boat built in new zealand but i just want plans for it.

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'm not sure what Anthony Goodson is talking about, who seems unfamiliar with the affects of deposits in a builder's or NA's bank account.

As for plans, there aren't a lot like this, but conversions, semi and full customs have and could be generated.

You also don't need a mold for GRP and clearly not for aluminum. You need to contact a designer.

6. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

Similar boats run the Colorado river here in the State's and have been doing it for many years. Aluminum Jet Boats dedicated to passengers for hire.

I don't know where they are made but I would guess somewhere in the US Pacific Northwest where there are a bunch of alum boat manufacturers. Perhaps you could look into who developed some of those designs and purchase plans from an experienced alum jet boat designer familiar with the specifications necessary for "passengers for hire."

Here in the US for more than 6 passengers this is very specific and involves US Coast Guard inspections and build to pass specific tests re stability, fire protection, noise, etc. I would think in the UK you have something similar.

Maybe start with "jet boat colorado river." I got a bunch of hits.

Steve

7. James_walker

James_walker Junior Member

I could help you design this boat. Send me a couple of pictures (james@castle-craft.com) and I'll have a look and get back to you.

James

8. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Plugs , moulds, jigs ,whatever ,the main point of my post was to bring to your attention the fact that a member here has demonstrated an unrivalled knowledge of these boats ,has posted pictures of his work in progress on an almost identical boat , has always been most helpful, and may not currently be following the forum Why would you design something that has already been designed ,you need hands on knowledge from a builder and operator . By all means listen to the theorising and guessing which will go on here it all goes to make the forum ,but ,just in case you didn't understand the first time ,pm "speedboats" and get some definitive answers.

9. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

no no no

Anthony Goodson i appreciate your input but speedboats has not made identical boats, the ones he makes are exactly the same as the one everyone makes in nz, i have seen the plans for that boat all over the internet, my friends boat is unique by mackraft i was simply looking for someone to create me plans for it.