That Is It - I Have Had It...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, May 21, 2009.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

I am telling you - I am out - boats are stupid - I am going shanty - yet onother minalmist run away off shoot of this whole damned thing...

Tommorow I get to make a one inch hole in the pointy end of a 9 million dollar supa' dupa' sailboat - a mega bit even - wish me luck...

But for my own ends - I am Googling 'shed house' - 'shanty boat living' - even 'dog house' - all great fun...

Miss Stress is even bigger than my 'strong investment' - Vancouver condo - but my wife remains good company and is smart enough to hold rather than sell - probably good for me too - so I need to scale down...:)

She will not sail - cannot stand it - but she does like having a little motor purring away close to shore - well so be it - it is all boating...

So - a minimal trailerable - DSTB - BFUB - shanty - moor it at work - call it 'my balcony' - the NAFI doghouse - the BBQ...:)

I will post 3DM's until they get too big - you can all have a go at me - and post up mods...

I own a Ford Ranger with a C hitch and a tow package - so same dictates a hell of a lot of design criteria...:)

Lets see how all this goes...

See - http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/8631/ppuser/3673 - http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/8630/ppuser/3673 - http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4041/ppuser/3673 - http://shantyboatliving.com/canal/EscargotTen.html ...

So until the ADS sets in - cheers...:)

SH.

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

3. Sean Herron

RASORINC...

That bit is very NAFI - you can join if you care too - you can be shotgun – you can be the guy who strips boat parts and returns them to the big box outlet for beer money – the treasurer I would suppose...:)

However - I am thinking a little more along the lines of sustainability and liveability - with what I would have to say to be proper marine installs - at least a proper shitter - holding tank with pump out - instant hot water - and a shower...

No Gypsy crap - no pun intended...

Cheers for reading and posting…

SH.

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

5. Sean Herron

GEEZ MAN...

Do you think that I am smart...

What the hell are you talking about - I am going to go 8 foot American stock - LOA - plus framing...

The cops up here need a bottle or a bag - if anything is off their monthly quota - or radio in...

Eagle Rock is very cool - thank you - see http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13831/ppuser/3673 ...

SH.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Just get on with it and BUILD YOUR OWN BOAT..... and post the progress...

7. Sean Herron

Boy In Tears...

Hello...

Damn Masi - you are like my Unkle who knocked me out cold when he found out that I came home from a job offer with Lars Oudrup in Copenhagen Denmark on a - on a - on a - yup - a damned 12 metre - design sold to Sweden...

I mean he broke my nose and KO'ed my ***** whipped ***...:)

Seems that I have learned NOTHING from the experience...:)

Yet - it has been a good life so far - I need to stop bitching so much - I was 20 years old and stupid - 20 years ago - so thanks friend - good heads up - head smack...

Go Google - 'bathtub Gin' - I am on this like a fly on **** - lots of tigged stainless...

Your build looks sweet...

SH.

8. clodgo

clodgo Senior Member

I have nothing to add really, Just wanted to say hello to the boat design forum folks. I hope all is well and nobody is up to their knees in water:p

9. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Yoohoo Clodgo! :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.