What would be the best opertunety?

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by StianM, May 25, 2007.

1. StianM

StianM Senior Member

I have some choices regarding my future.

I turned down going to China as a supervisor on switchboard building.

I can get a job as a switchboard fitter in Norway.

I have interest from a company building diesel electrical systems in Norway.

I have interest from a workshop doing repairs on Ships also in Norway.

Interest from one doing instalations on oilrigs in Noth sea located in Norway.

The only think I might have a chance at here in Taiwan righ now is a job as a inspector for Bureau Veritas.

What would be the smartest thing to do?
    While doing this I also have to concider what chances I have the remainder off my working life.

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i have watched your posts, you are pretty knowledgeable,
    how old are you>
    I would consider taking paid English lessons, the world will then be your oyster, what languages do you have?

3. StianM

StianM Senior Member

My dyselexsia prevents me from enjoying english leasons:(
    And anny other writen language for that mather :mad:

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

um ok you are a clever man, bugger I don't know how to advise you, but you obviously speak Norwegian? Lapp, Finnish Russian?
    don't sell yourself short Stian,

5. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Can fake it:p

Can understand some of it if I'm lucky.:(

Not a chance:D

I know enough chinese to order myself the food I want and ask for the way to the hospital after having a lose stomac after the food I just ordered. (think is called a Cairo quicksteps)

6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

and above all you have a sense of humour

7. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

What would be the best...

Stian - drop a private note to Raggi-Thor to check out what life and conditions are like in Norway.:)

8. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Learned that from a Mecanic from Perth working on the ROV in a ship I used to sail on in the Tasmanian sea:D
    I Australia and New Zealand is defently the places I miss moust.

I was borne there, had all my education there and worked there for moust off my active carrier so I think I have a good idea about the conditions there;)

9. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

yeah Max get wiv the pace man, Stian has been writing mightely in the BD thread, Stian why dont you go back to NZ, ? you are needed there

10. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Sorry Stian...(mutters....I've been off colour lately...swallowed a fly...Didn't realise I had to read all this **** the other blokes contributed...mutter mutter...might get back to the quilting forum...they like me there....mutter mutter.....):( :( :( :( :( :(

11. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Would love too, but are you married or have special someone? If you do then you know how it is. I'm only allowed to do two things:

1.Find a new job in Taiwan and stay with my special someone.

2.Go back to Norway and if posible move back in with my parents so they can make shure I don't fool around with a other woman :D

I would prefere to go back to sailing the seas like I used to befour I went to tecnical colledge, but I'm not allowed to since I could meet a woman in a port.

Annyone else have paranoid females in there house :D

12. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Luckily Stian, no. But then - I'm old and ugly.....:(

Even so. It's a cliche, but this is the only life you're going to get. It's not a rehearsal for the real thing. So are you going to trudge on for the next seventy - eighty years and in those final moments be overwhelmed with regrets that you never did this, never saw that...No disrespect to your 'partner' Stian - but she has to understand that you have a 'journey' to travel. She can go with you - or trust you to make it by yourself. A hard choice when you believe you've found that perfect 'lifemate'. But if she is that perfect - she will trust you and have enough maturity and enough confidence in herself to know you will return. And return a more fulfilled man.
    OK end of fatherly advice. The choice has to be yours.:)

13. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

yeppers Stian and hey I know the perfect Russian female for you, post me your pic, Why with your quals you could BOTH go to NZ,Max will find you the NZ gov website, cos I,m bizzy

14. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

New Zealand Govt website: www.immigration.nz

Stu's Russian female:

Attached Files:

15. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I won't rise to the bait, my Ru friends would leave ya breathless, and fer sure if I posted their pics here, jack Frost would swoon,

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.