Thailand Boatyard

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Mckormick, May 25, 2007.

1. bertho

bertho bertho

all over the world.. custom,lawyer and taxi driver are the same fu........:p if not properly handled !
    malaysia is more flexible (custom perhaps don't realize yet they can make more money with pleasure boat) perhaps are they more..lazy..(malas) to:p
    3 month tourist visa free, no custom 6 month provisory importation as thai
    but both are nice country to do such project.
    just be carreful with woodenboat built with "foreing" wood..small local animal like them very much ! marine one i mean !
    good luck

2. Mckormick

Mckormick Junior Member

Thanks for the kind words of encouragment all. Hans - it is a dream of ours too but we can see it is going to require a lot of planning!

Now we're worried about Thai customs. I can't imagine anything worse then having Senora taken from us and sold! :mad:

Does anyone else have any experience of or advice on shipping boats to Thailand?

Many thanks in advance.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

They wont take it from you as you enter but they will likely put so much paper work in your way. Then they say I can help you for so much.

Or they will delay clearance --coruption in the customs clearance is rife and open.

Sorry ole mate but thats Thailand --doesnt matter what they say or who says it,-- its who is wearing the peaked cap on the day you arrive.

But not a problem, it will likely be cheaper to ship to Singapore any way as it is a more normal route. can you not crawl up the Malacaa straits--600KM?

Lots of friendly places to stop in Malaysia.

Or ship to Pinang only 69 miles away.

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I know I know it all sound too much to be true --what is this guy on about?

If you want a second opinion there are some people who import stuff.

Try leemarine.com

Thai marine leasure---TML (google it)

Ille bet they can not give you a figure for customs temporary import cost.