Help Identify my kit boat

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by attwood 1, Nov 22, 2011.

1. attwood 1

attwood 1 New Member

I purchased this old kit boat last summer near the Ohio river and have no idea what it was called or who may have designed the kit. Center line measures 13'6" width behind front seat is 62" across from rub rails.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Sides and bottom were plywood,deck was mahogany.Has 24" plywood on floor of boat.Was told it may have been a Chris Craft but I can't find any proof.The original builder passed many years ago and it was stored in an old horse barn.Appeared as he may have started to restore it prior to his passing.

Attached Files:

2. sean-nós

sean-nós Senior Member

3. attwood 1

attwood 1 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I contacted John at Glen-L boat designs and he indicated it wasn't their design. I sold a gas tank to a fella by the name of Jim Shotwell who started "James-Craft" wood boat kits with the style of Chris Craft. I sent him pictures of the inside with joint construction etc. and he indicated prior to him starting his kit business he did a lot of research with respect to the Chris Craft kit and he felt that it might have been a Chris Craft but I can't find any pictures that come close with having decks like mine.The original deck parts were obviously factory cut so I'm still at a loss as to the identity.The C.C. kits I have seen have a short front deck and no middle deck. Thought maybe when I took it apart to replace the deck I would find something such as a factory stamp or numbers of some sort but no luck. Just have to keep on looking.
    Thanks

4. BPL

BPL Senior Member

I don't have any information for you attwood, but I hope you are able to find her origin.

It's a nice looking boat you got.

5. roarberge.no

roarberge.no New Member

It is some time since you posted this. Did you find out the make of your boat? It looks very similar to mine witch was buildt by my dad in 58 I think. I found out through the book "Chris-Craft. The Essential Guide" that it's most likely a Chis-Craft Zephyr/Bonito.