How to say yes and mean no!.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Pericles, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

This could be a Party Political announcement on behalf of the Lying, Cheating & Robbing Party for Screwing the Citizens.

Statements have been made in this release, which constitute "forward-looking statements". These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.

In some cases you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "will", "expects", "intends", "plans", "believes" or "potential", or the negative of these terms or comparable terminology. We undertake no obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this press release.

If any amongst you think that's a bit far fetched, then read what an English barrister, Cecelia Ivimy said in court in Brighton on behalf of the British Labour Party Government. "A manifesto promise is incapable of giving rise to a legally binding contract with the electorate. It is a point, which is so obvious that I don't want to labour it." 7th February 2008

Gordon Brown's "Manifesto pledges are not subject to legitimate expectation."

Well ***k me, who'da thought it?

Pericles

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Well blow me down an Honest Politician - trust me, I fcuking lie, but I admit it!

3. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Get a rope! :D

4. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Yup, that's one of the classic definitions of an honest politician (why does that sound like a screamingly obvious oxymoron?? :p ). The other one I've heard is that an honest politician is one who, once bought, stays bought. :(

5. safewalrus

And there ain't to many of them Charlie, that's for sure!

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh MY GOD NO whats all this posting real photos of your self. OH no Pericles your an old fart and I thought you were a young guy.

Im younger that all of you.

TIP--
    If your a man never ever lay your head to one side when having your photo took,----unless you are a poooooof. AND never have your photo took in the kitchen where every one can see the kitchen cupboards and say Hey I got kitchen cupboards like that!!!

Ok back to the thread, ahem I don;t have trouble with this, when I say no it means F$%^&*( NO.

Ask the Aussies they know how to do this ****.

7. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Oh no prove it he he he:D

Hows this for honesty

Attached Files:

• wife.jpg
      wife.jpg
      File size:
      87.3 KB
      Views:
  8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Pericles your understanding of South Africa astounds me, geez you hit it right on the nail!

9. safewalrus

That guy with the wife and the beer crates is an idiot!

I mean if he took a couple of bottles out of the way of he wife's head she could see where she's going, wouldn't trip up then and drop the crates thus smashing the bottles would she! Use a bit of savvy please!!

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Awwww Safie, & I thought you were a true Gentleman, either hold the umbrella so she does not get wet too (loose grip & drop cases), or, being a big fella, carry the full of beer inside yourself... "buuuurrrrrrp."

11. StrandedMariner

StrandedMariner Steelboatsailor

That party must have a branch in China.

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Pericles, I think that the "political organisation" to which you refer is an international consortium of the wealthy, having got their ill-gotten gains by ripping off the lowly electors, who seem to be perpetually in a state of "needing to believe". Another 'opiate for the masses', along with religion and plenty of food (all three rely on faith, hope and charity) :D:D:D

You wish to join this group, sell your heart, then sell something that satisfies (very temporarily - else no ongoing demand) all three desires expressed in the three words "faith, hope, charity" on the face of it, and don't give a fig about truth in advertising...

13. safewalrus

Whats that then? is there any? wouldn't be advertising if it were the truth would it?

14. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

If a politician is going to ***** their services, then you have to treat them appropriately. You don't want to buy them, you want to rent them.

15. safewalrus

You'll never actually BUY a politician, he'll sell to the next person who comes along with another offer (no matter what)! they ain't renowed for consistancy, nor loyalty!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.