telescoping ladders

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Charly, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Charly

Charly Senior Member

I saw one of these today in the back of my HVAC man's truck. He swears by it... it is very light, and the treads are pretty wide and comfortable. They use it to go in houses when they have to go up in attics etc. They are much easier to carry inside than conventional ladders, etc.
    It caught my eye immediately, as I am thinking about how to construct a front boarding ladder for my 36 beach cat.
    http://www.rakuten.com/loc/telescoping-ladders/77890.html
    anyone used these?

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Dont know. Be careful, You are running a buisness.

In Spain " ladders" longer than 5 ft that are commercialy used are regulated, controlled..

You should contact a lawyer or somebody who knows about " ladders" to protect against lawsuites.

3. Charly

Charly Senior Member

Obviously internal corrosion might be a problem. As with any other aluminum part, it would have to be flushed regularly. Sure is light and compact though... might make a good side boarding ladder as well

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.