OCRA 3D Design hydrostatics incorrect

Discussion in 'Software' started by Townsend Morey, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Townsend Morey

Townsend Morey New Member

I am doing hydrostatics for a complex multibody system. ORCA 3D Hydrostatics program keeps outputting double the expected displacement the system design draft. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

3. Townsend Morey

Townsend Morey New Member

Thanks for the advice! I just released that the major part in the system, which was imported from solid works into Rhino, had a shell feature in it. It created a shell in addition to the already existing solid body. ORCA counted both thus the displacement was double the expected value.

4. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

When I retired and stopped using them on a daily basis (2018) Rhino and SolidWorks didn't always play nice together. Another issue between them is the surface normal, always check that.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.