taylors standard series

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by pavel915, Jul 10, 2007.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

hi all, i need tailors standard series for calculating resistance of my ship design in my project work. but i dont have adequate amaunt of data of tailors table. can any one tell me how can i get taylors standard series? can i find it in any website? i searched in google but didnt found. if u can , then plz provide me any link for that. thanx!

2. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

I have a strong preference for analytical tools rather than empirical. My hull shapes got a whole lot better once I started using Michlet. It is a CFD tool available free here:
    http://www.cyberiad.net/michlet.htm

Take the time to read enough of the manual to work out how to enter data and then play around with the software to understand it. I expect it will give better results than the empirical approach. That is certainly my experience.

It interfaces well with Delftship or Freeship if you want too draw up hulls. There are free versions of this software as well.

Rick W.

3. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

thanx! i have michlet and i can use it; but i want to de the calculation of resistance manually as a learing purpose. one of my teacher suggested me to use tailors series. but i was not able to collect detailed taylor's standard series. how can i get dat? can any one upload it or can provide any link for it? thanx!

4. Çemberci

Çemberci Senior Member

Taylor Standard Series

Dear
    I had Prepared Data of Models for Navcad Propeller Program.
    Please look at the our ınternette page.
    http://www.cembercidenizcilik.com/model.htm
    A some files are attached.Total taylor models are 70 pieces.
    Each one is One dollar .
    File ended is TXT change to MDL
    2934B.TXT ............2934B.MDL
    Oktay Çemberci
    İstanbul/turkey

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.