Tank gauges

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by kaankarli, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi CDK,

Well, rest asure when the swell picks you up you are going to come down at one stage or another :D

Why is it when someone doesn't HAVE a depth guage when they want one it has to be accurate to the nearest ml ! Most fuel guages give it to you +/-10 liter per 100L...

You get different range pressure sensors. In a shallow tank you can use a more sensitive sensor that would increase the sensitivity.

You have to remember that the micro processors available today is capable of higher resolution, so even if the sensor outputs a relative 'unaccurate' value of say 0 to 1V, the indication is pretty accurate, which could be better than 1%.

Yes you can compensate for atmospheric pressure using another sensor, but if I'm not mistaken you get some with that built in already. All you measure is absolute pressure.

2. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Interestingly, I rarely get false readings from my dip-stick.

-Tom

3. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi Tom :D

I have some see through plastic PE tanks. Very accurate visual display.

LOL, you should have noticed nobody is interested in your 'dip stick'.
    This isn't that kind of a forum :D

4. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

LOL, you mean Stumble around in a boat ?
    Heck I seem to notice all kinds of funny things tonigh.
    Maybe I smoked something... seaweed :rolleyes:

5. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

I new that one was going to bite me in the ***!

Thanks for the chuckle.

-Tom

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.