1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Tackle Box /Fuel Locker/Cubby

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Cliff, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Cliff

Cliff Junior Member

I just had this made for my J 29 to get the Fuel tank off the floor. My whole goal was to get the tank off the floor and to not have a portable tank down below becuase of fumes and I did not want to install a permenant tank because of weight. This gives me the best of both world's with being able to have a 6 gallon tank for deliveries and switching it out with a small tank and small motor for racing. With this set up I can switch out between a 6 gallon tank or a 3 gallon tank and just disconnect the fuel line from the tank and motor and store both down below and leave the fuel line in place. I will drill a hole in the box and then run the fuel line out the transom so it gives a nice clean look. When the motor and fuel tank are down below I could then drop in a cooler. Weight of the Fuel Cubby is 14 lbs not much to really worry about. Measuremeant's for the cut out are 15 inch deep. 24 ¾ wide and 12 ¾ tall. With the Mounting flange being 27" wide by 15" tall. This could also be used for tackle boxes or cooler's. Price is $250.00 Shipped to lower 48 states. E Mail me for more info cliffruckstuhl@att.net.

Cliff

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.