Tacking Proa (for lack of a better term)

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Owly, Nov 27, 2020.

1. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

Russ, So true and I read a short note recently by one of Gougeon guys (in Epoxyworks publication re his cat) that a tri is not very stable when rig is cross-breeze or a beam to weather and waves. I figure "small" is 20 feet loa and maybe 8' beam, which is road limit here or 8'3" or 4". (When I crafted Gnarly road width limit was 8', so I used telescoping aka to widen to 10' beam at launching...two feet makes a dif and like the MO.

@ Gary Dierking, if he sees this: what to glue foam besides epoxy?
    Most say Gorilla, and april looms here...warm to work to craft new foam 16' aka...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021

2. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

i thought I added, one of the Gougeon bros. took out a tri they had built and dumped it, his take was that one does not do well when sideways to seas...his own version of events...as I recall from mem...I cannot recall name of that craft...if I find the story, will post with dates etc.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.