T Top design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by juanesra2, Jul 22, 2013.

1. juanesra2

juanesra2 New Member

I work in a Shipyard in Colombia in sudamerica. Right now I'm designing a 26' sportfish and maybe somebody can game me some feedback about they experiences.

What things should be consider in the T Top design? How tall, height, wide, accesories, examplaes of best t top designs, anything.

This is how is going to look the boat.

Attached Files:

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Dont know the best design.

But I do know that once you design and build the top, customers will add all kinds of electronic gizmos...radar, antenaes, lights, stereo speakers...... Be sure to include local reinforcments and to supply enough space for electric cable routes

3. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

4. juanesra2

juanesra2 New Member

Thank you both for the feedback. The boat is for fishing. I think the boat is going to be similar to the REGULATOR from the links.
    Has somebody some experience fishing in a boat like this?(26', layout like http://www.crewsn2outboard.com/images/products/scout/245XSF_Model.jpg)
    What kind of dificults can have this size of boat for the fishing activities, that can be improve in the design?

5. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Juanes,

I would design it so people could attach a tarp like 'wall,' or ceiling. Sun gets hot fishing. And the ability to put up a small 'cabin' around the wheel house is essential if the fishermen get caught in cold rain.

Nothing makes you more miserable than trying to beat the rain back in to port.

Remember, the reason all of the fishing t-tops you see are small, is they are keeping everything out of the way when fishing. So, make whatever you add detachable. And make it an accessory or upgrade. No one may ever buy the upgrades,, but they will see your added 'features' as an indicator of your better planning and therefore, they will think you did a better job building than your competition.

Suerte!

6. juanesra2

juanesra2 New Member

Gracias.