New to sailboats what is this

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by KGlancy, Jun 7, 2010.

1. KGlancy

KGlancy New Member

I am new to Sailboats I have always wanted one my whole life well I am the proud soon to be owner of this old beauty but what is it and what can people tell me about Her I would be most thankful for any info Thanks Keith

Attached Files:

• tn.jpg
      tn.jpg
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
  2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

What are the dimensions (LOA and beam) ? Also provide more pictures. Often there is a number on the transom beginning with letters, usually an abbreviation of the manufacturer, at least on boats built after the early seventies.

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

It sort of looks like a Rhodes 19....

Attached Files:

4. alan white

alan white Senior Member

I think all Rhodes 19s had or have wood coamings and no windows, except the Mariner version, which had larger ports.
    Otherwise, very similar to the Rhodes 19. There were also some early Rhodes 19 predecessors designed by Phil Rhodes, but I found no pictures to compare with.
    Here's the close but no cigar picture: http://www.sailingtexas.com/soday19e.html

5. science abuse

science abuse Junior Member

Hello fellow Ohioan.
    Apart from posting more pictures and the HIN, I'd recomend first scouring the boat for a name plate of any kind. Boat manufacturers always "sign their work". If the makers name isn't somewhere in or on that boat, it's because some one removed it.

Secondly, how did you come to own it? It's been registered, so therefore there is a title or bill of sale for it somewhere that may have the info you're looking for.... Hopefully you have one of those two, otherwise registering it in the state will be a pain.

6. Bglad

Bglad Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.