Swim Ladders for Trimarans

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Time2Tri, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Time2Tri

Time2Tri Junior Member

Buying a 1993 Crowther Buccaneer 33 next month and am curious for some swim ladder ideas. (Love to swim,snorkel) Transom mounts aren't going to work as I have a outboard runner. Ideally some solid Mount near the main hull makes sense. Possibly something that could make boarding from the dink easier also seems like a thought. Did I mention that I'm no longer as agile and weigh 275 lbs dry?

Thinking of naming her Time2Tri also...(first and prob last Tri)....

2. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Did you ever work anything out? Taking a quick look at Bucc 33 pics it seems a ladder set up on the aft beam next to the main hull pivoting aft like a outboard sled would work. Cables to stop the swing at the right angle when down and a tackle or line to raise it. In fact you might want that line ending in a cam cleat hanging down over the side a couple feet so you could drop the ladder if you jumped in while it was still up.
    A funny notion is the same idea but more of a hollow ramp that is able to float. If it was 3 feet wide, 1 foot deep the end would submerge a couple feet to handle more than 300 pounds. In fact you could make it a custtom decked dinghy scow for a double duty dink with the front end able to unhook from the front beam. 4 feet wide would be very stable.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.