Help with c-1 canoe design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by arreloco, Feb 20, 2013.

1. arreloco

arreloco New Member

Hi, I'm Facundo, from Argentina. I practice canoeing to a competitive level. I have experience working with glass fiber in a friend's shipyard. Also I have some experience working with Delftship and Freeship, now I'm learning to use Rhinoceros 4 with Orca 3D plug-in, and Mitchlet and Godzilla.
    My proyect is design a racing canoe for me, but i don't have a previous "good" model for do modifications, then my idea it's try to digitalize a Nelo Quattro, and start with that.
    I understand that the mathematical model for a displacement boat doesn't works like a canoe, but I think if I know the minimum drag possible, it can help me too much. Can you help me with that?
    Anybody have a 3D model that can help me for start?

Design parameters:
    Overall lenght: 5.19 meters (by rule 5.20mt is the maximum)
    Finished boat weight: 16gk
    Paddler weight: 84 gk
    By rule: The sections and longitudinal lines of the hull of the kayak and canoe
    must be convex (only horizontally and vertically).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.