Swath Boat building Plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by blackdaisies, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

BMcF
    I cant find a link to the press realse article (several years old now), but my colleague and I have deisgned waterjet powered SWATH. Was for a client in Korea. It is very different from the Russian, but similiar at the same time. Our SWATH uses KMW 90 SII jets, so no "new" technology. The SWATH is designed for 40knots. We achived better vertical accelerations than the Jetfoil which was our target for the customer.
    The footage of the tank testing in 3m Hs is really amazing!

Unless we get another client wanting the same...it'll just collect dust....

2. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

''client in Korea'. Hmmmm..I remember those heady days when we were working for literally every Korean shipbuilder that existed at the time as they all scrambled to jump in to the wild and wonderfull world of exotic marine vehicles. Hyundai, Samsung, Daewoo, HHI, Takoma, Semo..and on it went.

I really enjoyed my time working in that county on those projects...but will not be divulging all the reasons why it was so enjoyable on a public forum.:D

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

BMcF
    Hmmm...sound slike one or two of my "experiences" ;)
    I recall a certain bar in Pohang after a presentation to a very wealthy shipping client....they took me out to "entertain" me!!

4. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

Lemme guess. Was it one of the ones where you and yr mates sit on the cushion and they keep bringin in new tables full of food, one after the other, always removing the previous one? 'They' being a bevy of young ladies in traditonal dress?..'they' who also take it upon themselves to attend to you every need to the extent that you are not even allowed touch your own napkin? Or so I've heard anyway...:D The life of a marine engineer is frought with perile (refer now to 'Castle Anthrax' scene...MPs Holy Grail)

5. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

all i'll say is that is was done in the "privacy" of our own room in a karoke bar :)

6. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

Ditto.;) Where has the western way of doing bidness gone wrong??

7. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Every time I design a restaurant, I get a free meal out of it.

You two guys are killing me.

I'm jealous, don't tell my wife.:cool:

8. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

Yr probably better off anyway, George.;) I 'member the time in a locals-only dive in Ch'ung Mu. Now this was early in my time in country, mind you, so I could be forgiven for not knowing 'how things worked'. I left a generous tip with the 'hostess'. Well, the short version of that story is that it took me a bit of squirming to extricate myself from the situation I created for myself...the 'hostess' " mother wasn't letting me leave without taking the 'hostess' along with. :rolleyes: My partner in crime, A big German fella with me, that was covering the main engines on the project we were both on, was laffing his fool butt off the whole time.

I can honestly say I never had anything close to that kind of reaction from tipping a waitress at Hooters...*sigh*

9. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

BMcF
    Yes, the western way of "business", certainly from the current headlines, is not the way. Much nicer in the privacy of a "room" with some food, drink and pretty face's ;)

10. Mots

Mots New Member

swath submerged hull mold available for small boats

I built a mono-displaced hull (two floating skis for stability) swath like vessal and it seemed much more efficient, although terrible response to starting and stopping, due to the motor being in the deep submerged monohull, which provided almost 90% of the total buoyancy. The steamlined, submeged hull is 16 feet long and I built a mold so that more can be made. I ran out of money and stopped tweaking this 16 footer design after some test runs. Maybe someone is interested in my results and mold.

11. quickmed

quickmed New Member

mono-displaced hull (two floating skis for stability) swath like vessel

Hey Mots, send me some way to contact you.

mono-displaced hull (two floating skis for stability) swath like vessal

12. Mots

Mots New Member

Swath like boat

Hi. you can contact me by calling the phone number listed on motslaw.com and asking for Motsenbocker

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.