pictures of engine bay of a dateline bikini

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by trotterhayes, Jan 16, 2012.

1. trotterhayes

trotterhayes trotterhayes

Has anyone got any pics they could put on here please of the engine bay of a dateline bikini as i am in the process of rebuliding the engine compartment and not sure where everything goes as i bought it as a project in bits its the hoses etc im particularly interested in hope someone can help me.

2. Tug

Tug Junior Member

[​IMG]
    Cheers
    Tug

3. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

He asked for it, he got it!

trotterhayes, what engine does your boat have? Is it a jet drive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRuxVon0_Ek

Buy a service manual for the jet unit and one for the engine you have.

Or the easiest is to buy some beverages for a mechanic and have him take 5 minutes and show you the basics. The service manuals will still be worth the money down the line for you.

4. trotterhayes

Hi sorry for the late reply did not think i would get a response, it a 3litre ford essex jet drive buying an engine manuel wont really help unless its for a marinised engine,really hope someone can help

5. trotterhayes

Does anyone know where i can get engine mountings for a dateline bikini i have two for the back but need two for the front nearest the flywheel also there there are no holes for the bolts for any mounting does anyone know why,

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Dateline bikinis and the bigger brother the Bounty were the old Ford Granada and Capri v6 engines on a PP jet.

I would not have thought there were any left as the last time I saw one of those must be 40 years ago.

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Are you insecure and intimidated by normal people,-- you must be a bit short to need those.

You are also a little short on forum rules and manners.

If you cant get laid at 4 foot 6 I don't think 4 foot 7 will help you

8. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Effidekly isn't shown as a member on the members list, so maybe Jeff took care of him Frosty.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.