Surface Modelling

Discussion in 'Software' started by IPirates, Sep 2, 2012.

1. IPirates

IPirates New Member

Please make a suggestion whats the best way of forming ships surface in case of skeg and bulbos bow??
    Which software is likely to use ?

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I would do different surfaces. One for the hull, another surface to the skeg and another one for the bulb.
    I think the best software for you is that to you like better.
    In my case, I generate the frames in 3D with AutoCAD. Using the commands in this application I generate surfaces based on the frames, and exporte them in igs format to Maxsurf.
    To me this gives very good results and I do it very quickly and accurately. But others will think different things.
    It is also true that the process can be very different depending on the final software, for calculations, you want to use. With Maxsurf, in my opinion, is particularly difficult to create the model, so you need more complicated process than with other applications.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.